Chinese Tablet Windows/android

Caporegime
After successfully buying my Redmi Note pro3 earlier this year from the Chinese mainland I'm starting to look for a tablet

10.1" min size
decent screen.1080p
Windows or android, I'm not decided on which
around $/£250 max.. 300 but prefer sub 200 for a tablet....
English
Those are really the only must haves.

Anything i should be looking out for either to avoid like the plague or an exceptionally good "buy it now" device.

Do the windows tablets come with a Key should you need to reinstall OS ? Or is there a backup partition.?

Soldato
If it's Windows 10 then it will identify the device by the motherboard, so there's no key. It will reactivate itself as soon as it connects to the internet, unless the manufacturer did not activate Windows legally. There's a refresh option which basically allows Windows to reinstall itself with a fresh image.

What will you use the tablet mostly for?

Soldato
I'm actually typing this on a Cube iWork 12 which arrived last week. I got it earlier last month for slightly under £190 inc shipping and including the optional keyboard (which is supposed to be better than that for the Chuwi)

Overall I'm quite impressed with it, the quad-core atom isnt going to set any records but for everyday non-gaming use it's perfectly usable. Cube also do the iWork 9 which is basically the same but with a better processor and a higher price tag. It's got a 12.2" screen at a 1920x1200 resolution which is nice and clear and the touchscreen is responsive. 4GB of ram is fine too. Front camera is mediocre, back camera is worse.

Tablet dual boots Win10 (which appears to have now patched itself to anniversary edition) and Android 5.1. I would add that the latter runs Plex really well. Storage is split with about 44GB to the C: drive and 8GB to android (the remainder going to various system partitions inc recovery)

For reviews I would suggest looking at the Tech Tablets Youtube channel and site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom