Could this be a ram problem?

Associate
Just bought 16gb of ram from OC to repalce my 8gb. I've not done much beside just browsing since install but I've noticed something unusual that wasn't there before. I usually have several tabs open in Chrome at once with no issues, but now if i have a few tabs open if I go back to one the page is totally blank, even if i refresh the page it doesnt come back, I have to shut the tab & open a new one. Is this sort of thing typical of a ram problem? What is the best ap to use for checking the ram for problems? :(

Associate
OP
I dont use any other browser just Chrome, it is strange but like i said its only happened since i installed the ram. Thx i'll take a look at memtest86.

Associate
OP
Minstadave I thought it may be a ram problem like it not being able to save the pages in memory or summit like that? You think it might just be a coincidence & maybe chrome needs reinstalling of something?

Associate
OP
It looks like memtest86 takes several hours to run, so i'll have to run it overnight. In the meantime i'll look to see if theres a check/repair option in Chrome..

Associate
OP
I uninstalled & reinstalled once before & it was still the same, I have now completely uninstalled & removed any chrome files & reinstalled so i guess im all up to date. I haven't logged back into my Google account yet & things seem ok atm. Im going to try it like this for a couple of days & if all well I will log into my Google account & test again. Have you ran into this problem before Ricimer?

Associate
OP
Just checked & it says Version 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit) Google Chrome is up to date. Started up the pc today & getting page freezing & chrome needs to shut down errors, I had one blank page too, I dont know if this is anything to do with my original problem or something to do with the update? :(

Back
Top Bottom