*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
Crikey, I'm glad I went for the S7 Edge then. I came from M8 but wanted an upgrade due to it getting a bit laggy these days (even after factory reset) and the screen being too small for me. The S7 Edge has been a BIG upgrade on the M8. I still keep the M8 around as a glorified iPod and spare :D

I'm getting used to the placement of the back/recent buttons now, just takes a while...

My biggest gripe....first world problems for sure!....is the lack of the IR blaster as I used that all the time. Might actually just uninstall/disable everything on the M8 and use it as a glorified remote and mini-tablet. (Did think about rooting and putting on a lightweight ROM and such, but the USB port is so knackered the PC won't recognise it as connected.)

Not sure the NFC is working properly on my 10 either, apparently it's a common problem. M8 will recognise my cards instantly and consistently, the 10 is much more hit and miss.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29584842 said:
Kinda weird that this thread is basically dead and the other threads are buzzing but then perhaps not if you tihnk about it.

I got my 10, set it up, started using it, found it to be completely amazing and everything I've expected and then felt no need to spend ages going on about it. Perhaps the S7 guys have something to prove? :p

Hardly surprising given the popularity of the the S7 vs 10.
Also don't forget people absolutely must discuss every single little aspect and detail of the handset in a bid to justify the purchase of it over another handset.

It makes me laugh because ultimately all most of the handsets are is a facebook launcher because thats pretty much all I ever see on peoples screen.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hardly surprising given the popularity of the the S7 vs 10.
Also don't forget people absolutely must discuss every single little aspect and detail of the handset in a bid to justify the purchase of it over another handset.

It makes me laugh because ultimately all most of the handsets are is a facebook launcher because thats pretty much all I ever see on peoples screen.

Considering nobody in the S7 thread has said anything negative about the 10 the last few pages, I don't think that's a fair statement to make.

People discuss features and items, sure, why wouldn't they? People discuss every aspect of their cars in motors forum threads, yet most people use them to get to work and back only. Are they justifying their purchase? Nope. People are just enthusiastic about certain things, and as such little communities form for them to talk about details.

You might not utilise all the features of your phone, but others certainly do :p

Associate
Any good screen protectors? Kinda considering one not too sure, not a fan but already have a couple micro scratches not trying to have anymore.

Probably gonna be forced into using a case too, got a couple scuffs on the metal and spots where the annodized coating has come off.

Last edited:
Soldato
^Loving the HTC 10 experience. It's a good all rounder I'd give it a solid 8.5 possibly 9 out of 10. The camera needs tweaking but I'm sure that will be fixed in future updates.

Soldato
Love mine, coming from a HTC One MAX the only thing i dislike is that I can't add a shortcut for my data usage.... unless I'm stupid and there is way

Associate
How do you compare it to the M8? how does the grip (or lack of) compare?

Naked, the 10 is "grippier" than the M8 for sure. I have the 10 in a Tudia case now, and that's very grippy.

Performance is great. It's just....fast. To be expected I guess!

Battery will last me near enough two days and that's with some gaming, bluetooth streaming from my cars ODBII adaptor, plus usual messaging and internet type stuff.

On my M8 with Greenify and aggresive doze I was getting 3.5 hours screen-on-time. On the 10 I get 5.5 without Greenify even being installed, and GSAM tells me it rarely goes into doze, even overnight. There are a few apps I haven't installed won't bother with, as I never used them much, but still....a decent improvement.

Was playing Bohemian Rhapsody through the speakers on both via Poweramp (actually managed to get them completely in sync :D ) and while the stereo effect is obviously better on the M8, the 10 seems to have clearer treble. My wife and kids actually thought the 10 sounded better....

Now I'm used to it, I'm loving it. 9 out of 10.

Also using a Spigen film screen protector - seems crystal clear to me, and oleophobic too. Inexpensive but worth every penny.

Associate
:mad::mad: htc are truly shocking! On Tuesday I made the first attempt to contact htc online to say I want to return my phone under DSR, all I get is automated replies asking me to rate their service! I then opened a second ticket yesterday and get the same thing.
Today I ring their UK CS number and get put through to god knows where in the world. I explain to the girl I want to return the phone under DSR and she tells me I have to return the phone to a service centre in Poland!

The girl insisted the phone has to be returned to a service centre to be checked prior to any refund.
I've now had a number of emails saying "We’re sorry your device isn’t working, we’ll work to repair it as quickly as possible for you"

Why do I get the feeling this is going to go horribly wrong and I'm going to get my phone back in a couple of weeks with a note saying they can't find a fault.

They're fairly good at retuning phones saying they are unable to find a fault. Drove me mad. Never buy another HTC again. Don't mind sense and blinkfeed though!

Man of Honour
People who have this phone:

One a scale from 0 to awesome, how awesome is the M10? I might need a new phone.

Awesome.

Had mine almost two months now and it's absolutely brilliant. I can find almost nothing to criticise about it. It's quick, the screen is great, the battery life is excellent.

Absolutely no regrets at all.

Thought I'd bump the thread. So strange its so quiet. I can't understand why the S7 is so much more popular - I can't see what it does better other than fall in a bucket of water.

Soldato
Probably so quiet as few wanted to take a risk with HTC due to their flaky track record. The 10 should help them build their reputation again.

Basically Samsung etc have been evolving and refining their products each time so there just seems to be more confidence in their phones, at the moment at least.

I've had an M7, M8, M9...no M10, yet however! The M9 was awful in my eyes, so many wrong decisions on that device. Although tempted back to HTC again as I actually enjoying using it at stock (which I can't say for the S7) I just can't justify the switch costing me the extra to do so. If could sell my S7 and get an HTC 10 at no cost then I'd be tempted.

Although I do enjoy features such as Wireless Charging and Waterproofing. If I see a great deal on an HTC 10 however, don't put it past me picking one up out of curiosity :)

Soldato
I have an HTC M9 due to expire under contract with Vodaphone, doesnt appear Vodafone (direct) have the HTC 10 to offer that I can upgrade to for some reason?

I see I can get it through Carphone Warehouse on the Vodaphone network though, assume I can just see out the current contract and then sign up with CW, with my same number with no complications? Im not leaving Vodafone so should be straight forward...right? :p

Soldato
I'm still yet to see one of these in person. I've found the odd dummy model in phone shops, but not a real one. I would like to get this phone but the contracts still seem very expensive for it. I suppose it's not been out as long as the S7 for the price to drop. It is tempting to choose the S7 for the water proofing and the wireless charging. Neither are essential but both very welcome, especially after seeing wireless charging pads built into tables at mcdonalds!:p

If either phone had IR, that would swing it for me.

I notice HTC have knocked £100 off the phone on their site £469.99, I haven't looked at other sim free prices so that might be the going rate anyway..

Man of Honour
Earth[Tera].bin;29765427 said:
They priced it out the market in my opinion, at the current price of around £500-£600 there's a lot better options, particularly as it doesn't excel at anything.

Better options like what? I didn't see anything better - just different.

For me the strength in the 10 is that it works - beautifully - and it's exceptionally well finished in ways that Samsung have never seemed to manage.

I can't think of anything I'd want in a phone that the 10 doesn't offer and offer it well.

Back
Top Bottom