LG G4 Died

Soldato
Was using my LG G4 as normal today and then it froze. Took the battery out and now can't boot past the LG logo. Apparently it's a known hardware issue :(. Has anyone else had this and what was the turnaround like for a repair?

Soldato
Was using my LG G4 as normal today and then it froze. Took the battery out and now can't boot past the LG logo. Apparently it's a known hardware issue :(. Has anyone else had this and what was the turnaround like for a repair?

Mine's currently in for repair, should be back in the next couple of days.

I rang them on 03448475454, they took my details and sent me a pre-paid special delivery pack which arrived a couple of days later, I sent it off a week past Saturday and when I rang them to check on it last Friday they said it was with a level 2 technician and I should have it back by Wednesday this week, not too bad really.

Soldato
Mine did this however I managed to rescue it myself with LG Bridge software. I dont remember mine locking up though, it just wouldnt go past the LG screen when I'd restarted it.

Soldato
I'm still waiting for mine to be returned, rang them a couple of times to check on the progress but keep getting through to their overflow centre who take my number and never call back, not impressed so far! :(

Associate
Hi

Had exactly the same on my daughter's last week, have to say that turn around by LG was very good, from sending it back to them returning it was no more than five days.

Soldato
So what is it that is affecting these G4s?

I believe its something to do with the soldering on the motherboard not being upto spec. This only seems to affect serial numbers starting 505/506. Which refers to the phones production date.

There is a poll over at xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/lg-g4-poll-users-hardware-failure-t3303547

LG, after numerous reports, recognised the fault and offered to deal with it. Whether or not this fault is actually specific to sn505/506 and not any other, probably only LG know for sure.

BTW: Mine is sn509 and hasnt suffered any 'bootloop' issues.

Mick

Associate
Read over on XDA some people have had joy freezing their phones (as some there is issue with the big cores and low temps only use small cores) and baking their motherboards to get the solder to reflow.

Unbelievable.

Disappointing for a high end phone to encounter this.

Associate
Hey sorry to hear you have hit this problem , my G4 has just developed that same issue :(

Got in touch with o2 on web chat and they are aware of the issues and have arranged free postage to send the phone to them.

I am quite tempted to go to town tomorrow though and early upgrade to an s7 and once the g4 comes back sell it on.

Associate
A friend at work sent theirs in you repair about a month ago and it took a week for them to get it back to them so hopefully you should hear back any day.

Ive just had an email from o2 to say they have mine and will begin the repair process , i caved and upgraded early to an s7 edge so the G4 will be going straight to a phone recycler

Soldato
Got mine back this morning after almost 5 weeks away, new motherboard and updated to the latest Android (although it also did an OTA upgrade as soon as I connected to my network), will get it tried out over the weekend.

Associate
Just received mine back - can't see any documentation with it.

Didn't send off battery or cover as requested- tried to boot. Nothing doing.

Associate
Did you guys get your phones fixed for free ?

ive just checked the status of my phone repair and they are currently raising a "Quotation" ...... wont be happy paying out for a known issue :(

Back
Top Bottom