**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
giffgaff internet is not great doesn't matter if it's 4g/3g both run around the same.

I can't say if you will get 4g on giffgaff in your area all I know is on that phone it used to be support for EE and Three only but now in some areas 4g works for o2/giffgaff.

It's well worth the price that phone

Ah ok, thanks for the info. :)

As I say not having 4g isn't an issue at all to me, HSPA is plenty fast enough for my requirements. My phone is due for delivery by the start of next week at the latest so once I've got it all sorted I'll report back on what I'm actually getting data wise.

Caporegime
No I was on a Chinese one but flashed to latest global stable. All this is a few pages back in this thread. I'm happy for now as is I'll get the next proper release of miui8 . I CBA with betas as this is my main phone now note pro 3

Soldato
That sounds like a plan mate.

Redmi pro specs.
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear cameras, dynamic DSLR-quality bokeh
- Helio X25 10-core processor, tri-cluster architecture
- 5.5” OLED display, 100% NTSC, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- 4050mAh battery, front fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C
- 4GB RAM + 128GB Flash (expandable)
- Brushed aluminum body, 2.5D curved glass
- Hybrid SIM slot, VoLTE support

Last edited:
Associate
Bah, don't fancy a 5.5" phone. Looks like a Redmi 3 Pro for me then!!!!

Also have a look at the Redmi 3S. Same phone but a Snapdragon 430 instead of the 616 on the Pro. Apparently it's.... faster?

I got the Pro before the S came out and I love it. Fast enough for anything I do with a phone, decent camera (clear upgrade from my £100 Lumia), dual sim for my English sim card and loads of storage (got a 64GB SD in there as well).
More often than not I get 3 days of battery life out of mine as well, I've read that's a bit ambitious for some though and 2 days seems to be the average.

Their Mi5 isn't that big either, but it's a flagship model so while you get a better phone you also pay a lot more.

Soldato
Just don't expect anything astounding from the redmi Pro camera. It's satisfactory but once you move to low light, distant or moving shots, the quality (or lack there of) shows. Needless to say, it's just fine as far as camera phones go.

Caporegime
That sounds like a plan mate.

Redmi pro specs.
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear cameras, dynamic DSLR-quality bokeh
- Helio X25 10-core processor, tri-cluster architecture
- 5.5” OLED display, 100% NTSC, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- 4050mAh battery, front fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C
- 4GB RAM + 128GB Flash (expandable)
- Brushed aluminum body, 2.5D curved glass
- Hybrid SIM slot, VoLTE support

That sounds brilliant!

May upgrade sooner than I wanted :p

Is there seriously no automatic A-Z sorting on MIUI? Seems like such an obvious thing that's been implemented for years now on other devices. Makes organising folders, etc. a right pain, especially since the system's pretty finicky already.

Apart from that I really enjoy using the Redmi Note 3 Pro so far.

Last edited:
Install a new launcher? Like nova?

I would usually go straight for Nova, but I'm actually quite liking MIUI. It just seemed to weird to me that they'd leave out any sort of sorting functionality, my only real complaint with it.

There's forum posts, etc. dating back to 2012 questioning this, wonder why they've decided to omit it (...maybe intentionally for whatever reason?)

Soldato
Would there be anything stupid about buying one of the Redmi 3 Pro's off Ebay? Fair few sellers who are selling for £135 and dispatching from UK so no hassle of waiting for something to come from abroad etc.

Any chance they could be fakes or similar? Or will the software be Chinese or something?

Soldato
Would there be anything stupid about buying one of the Redmi 3 Pro's off Ebay? Fair few sellers who are selling for £135 and dispatching from UK so no hassle of waiting for something to come from abroad etc.

Any chance they could be fakes or similar? Or will the software be Chinese or something?

Like I said earlier mate there is no global ROM for it yet, so will come with a China ROM which has English and Chinese at stock. You can also download the Google installer for the play store etc, and uninstall any China apps you don't need. Have a look at some YouTube reviews before you buy.

Andy did a review for it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFCszetwX5s

Last edited:
Associate
My Redmi Note 3 Pro arrived in the UK this morning. It then went South from East Midlands to Gatwick - which is the wrong direction, although I presume that's some kind of central handling place where the next tracking number will become active for the last bit of the journey up to me? Regardless it's been 6 days since I ordered it so that's pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom