Pokemon GO! (2016)

Associate
looks amazing, but 1) battery killer (location services and augmented reality) 2) it wont be like the traditional pokemon games we love because nintendo want to sell games 3) it will have IAP's, no doubt it will make you buy pokeballs!

i hope im wrong, id love to be able to battle, train and evolve pokemon, i hope they have pokemon gyms in each major city etc

Soldato
I feel Ingress has got me prepared for this, had my Anker battery for a couple of years now but it still lasts a good while. Would be interesting to see how battles will work, and these special events.

Soldato
Anyone got any updates on this? I know they had an announcement last month I believe. But didn't hear anything about possible beta testing and /or release date.

Want to play now :D

Soldato
With googles new cardboard style malarky leaked, hopefully they could pull of some VR/AR cardboard shizznizz.

I wanna be the very best.

Caporegime
The latest I read was this was going to be towards the end of this year.

I've quite enjoyed playing Ingress, but I think there missing a trick with no augmented reality stuff. Being able to hold up my phone with the camera on and see the Portals would be cool.

Caporegime
Why? It's clearly aimed at completely different audiences.

It's also a fairly different game mechanic as the Pokemon will not always be in the same places like the Portals are, and the concept of capturing and holding Portals and Mind Fields won't be in Pokemon.

Plus there's going to be a heavy PVP element that Ingress doesn't have.

Basically, other than being from the same developer and using your real world location as a mechanic, its a completely different game :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why? It's clearly aimed at completely different audiences.

It's also a fairly different game mechanic as the Pokemon will not always be in the same places like the Portals are, and the concept of capturing and holding Portals and Mind Fields won't be in Pokemon.

Plus there's going to be a heavy PVP element that Ingress doesn't have.

Basically, other than being from the same developer and using your real world location as a mechanic, its a completely different game :p.

Ingress was the test platform for them to actually make some money :p If Ingress was profitable Google wouldn't of binned them off with a token $$$

Soldato
Why would that mean they wind up Ingress when they release Pokemon Go though?

Not wind it up just not develop it anymore. We have heard about this "End Game" for the past 2-3 years and nothing from that. Ingress was the set bed for this new platform.

They might keep it alive and change it to pay per play format, £3.99/pm

Caporegime
Well no matter what happens with Ingress, I'm really looking forward to Pokemon Go, more from a cool use of technology perspective than actually playing the game...

Although I will have to catch 'em all....:p

Back
Top Bottom