Which phone ~£350 do I get?

Caporegime
I've done a quick phone search and like the look of these 6 phones and spec wise there doesn't seem to be much in it. While some have more RAM, some have larger higher res displays or better cameras and I like the designs of all of them.

ZTE Axon 7
Lenovo Vibe X3
OnePlus 3
LG V10

This is a little different as it stands out on it's own as a 6" phone.

Huawei Mate 8

I would appreciate any input you guys might have as I can't make a decision. :p

EDIT - Looking for large (5.5"+) screens.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd go with the oneplus 3 if I hadn't already had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for 18 months and was needing a phone I'd get that. For under £350 you normally need to lose some options but the Oneplus 3 has them all except for no microsd slot and a 1080p screen.

Soldato
I'm waiting to see what new Nexus phones are like. My budget is pretty much the same as yours.

What about Z5 compact if you want new phone now. Good spec and about 280.

Associate
I'd ask on a larger forum. I made a similar inquiry about the oneplus3 and the responses were pretty hostile, too many neckbeards and fanboys on here. Reddit would be a better choice.

Caporegime
OP
I'd go with the oneplus 3 if I hadn't already had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for 18 months and was needing a phone I'd get that. For under £350 you normally need to lose some options but the Oneplus 3 has them all except for no microsd slot and a 1080p screen.

1080 screen is actually fine with me. When I had my note 4 I actually scaled some images and text and could not tell any difference between 350dpi and 500dpi. It just seems to exceed the resolving power of the human eye.

Associate
1080 screen is actually fine with me. When I had my note 4 I actually scaled some images and text and could not tell any difference between 350dpi and 500dpi. It just seems to exceed the resolving power of the human eye.
Yeah 1080p screen is not something to be concerned about on a mobile as far as I'm concerned.

However, if you check on the Oneplus forum there's a whole load a complaints about their latest phone being problematic in areas you wouldn't expect.

I have one but I wish I had waited for the ZTE Axon 7 instead.

Soldato

The Pentile matrix does take some sharpness away but it depends on the individual if they can notice it. I can slightly but it's not enough to put me off in day-to-day use of the OP3.

Though I would have preferred a QHD OLED screen.

Soldato
I can still flash stock android though right?

If somebody has released a stock android ROM then yes. If not then no.

You're best checking XDA to see if a particular phone has any custom ROM support.

*edit*
If you want stock Android then you're best with a Nexus phone or a Motorola one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom