MotoGP 2016

Associate
Was great to see Rossi win again & not only win but completely dominate, was a **** race to watch though but who cares. :p

I watch Motogp for the close racing and entertaining fights between riders for position.

Doesn't really matter to me who wins the races as such, would just like to see good races every week.

Enjoying World superbike at the minute for this reason too.

Soldato
OP
Pedrosa to join Rossi at Yamaha

Pedrosa to join Rossi at Yamaha, Viñales to remain at Suzuki?
is the latest rumour.

From MCN
"Dani Pedrosa may be set to make an incredible shift from Honda to Yamaha, according to MCN’s sources within the MotoGP paddock. The Spaniard looks set to make the move from the Repsol Honda squad after an incredible eleven seasons, after talks with Maverick Viñales to replace Jorge Lorenzo fell through.

Viñales was believed to be deep in talks with the Movistar Yamaha squad to replace the departing Lorenzo, but with talks believed to have fallen through after hardball salary negotiations, Pedrosa now looks to make the move instead.

In theory the move could be perfect for Yamaha, replacing a rider with a very similar riding style in the shape of Lorenzo. Pedrosa’s reputation as the perfect teammate could well mean that he is the ideal option to back Valentino Rossi’s remaining two years in the sport.

Pedrosa’s move would also end one of the longest relationships in MotoGP – and may well open the door for British rider Cal Crutchlow to have a second go as a factory rider. The Brit would well be in the running to replace Pedrosa if the move comes through, thanks to his relationship with the manufacturer."

Soldato
The Spaniard looks set to make the move from the Repsol Honda squad after an incredible eleven seasons

Incredible? WTF? He's been over shadowed by every team mate with the possible exception of Dovi. I'd say he has underperformed in a team where in the 11 seasons he's been there HRC have won the riders championship 4 times.

Dani is a good number 2 rider but incredible? No.

Soldato
Incredible? WTF? He's been over shadowed by every team mate with the possible exception of Dovi. I'd say he has underperformed in a team where in the 11 seasons he's been there HRC have won the riders championship 4 times.

I think it means the length of time was incredible, not his performances.

Associate
That's how I'd read it.

Your point is right though, and seeing as dovi is doing pretty well on that duc, how good would it be in the hands of Marc. I think Lorenzo will do pretty well on it next year, but Marc would probably be able to get a little more out of it due to his riding style and being able to ride around problems without losing much speed (albeit it crashed a lot last year pushing to much). Much like Stoner was able to.

Soldato
It'll be interesting to see how Lorenzo does on the Ducati. Personally I think it's a decision he'll regret but I'm hoping to be proved wrong as I'm a huge Lorenzo fan.

Rumours are that he's getting €25m/year. Crikey! I think a huge part in his decision was to try and do something that Rossi couldn't - win a title (or even a race!) on the Ducati.

Associate
It'll be interesting to see how Lorenzo does on the Ducati. Personally I think it's a decision he'll regret but I'm hoping to be proved wrong as I'm a huge Lorenzo fan.

Rumours are that he's getting €25m/year. Crikey! I think a huge part in his decision was to try and do something that Rossi couldn't - win a title (or even a race!) on the Ducati.

I think he was probably just tired of Rossi running the show at Yamaha to be honest. With Honda having Marc the only place he could go was Ducati, plus Gigi Dall'Igna was his team boss in 250cc so they already get on quite well.

I'm sure Lorenzo is just wanting a little more recognition for what he's done. If he can win on the Ducati then maybe he'll get that..... To be honest though Stoner won on the Ducati when no one else could ride it, and still doesn't get the recognition from most.

Soldato
That's because even the brilliant rider Stoner was, he was a jumped up little **** who blamed everybody and everything if something went wrong, he never made a mistake in his life that bloke.

Soldato
I liked Stoner. He did whine a bit, but then that's what competitive animals are going to do when things don't go their way. He was never flat out rude or vindictive like Jorge seems, making thumbs down gestures to riders on the podium.

Soldato
OP

Yes no world championships in the big class(1 in 125 and 2 in 250), but he does have 28 MotoGP race wins, which is no mean feat.
He does always seem to get the bad luck with getting hurt.
I was never a fan of Dani's, but have warmed to him with his will to stay racing , having an op which many said wasn't even a tried method, as it had never been done before.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 43m 51.290s
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 44m 1.944s
3. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 44m 5.467s
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 44m 10.009s
5. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 44m 16.221s
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 44m 24.211s
7. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 44m 29.541s
8. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 29.794s
9. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 44m 39.826s