Nexus 7 & 3G dongle. Is it possible?

Associate
I already asked this question in the Nexus 7 thread when it was at the 50 page mark, it is now over 100 pages and I didn't get a single reply.

Strange as I thought others would be interested in this topic too.

Well my question to you is, is it possible, has anyone tested it? With or with usb on the go (not sure if you can get dongles with micro usb. If not my question is, 'is it possible using usb on the go?').

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ive but order for the nexus 7 on the 13/07/2012 but not got it yet but i have huawei e5830 mobile wi-fi i hope it works. it work with the ipad

That's good news, I suppose if it works with iPad it will with the Nexus. Are you using it with a usb on the go cable?

EDIT: I just looked up the huawei e5830 and realised its a mifi. So you didn't use usb on the go.

Associate
3 Mobile have now released their first ever standalone wireless modem called the Huawei E5830 which is being dubbed the MiFi, this new device acts like your personal wireless hotspot allowing you to connect your laptop, Nintendo Wii, phone and more to your own WiFi network without having to jump on a public hotspot.

The advantage of the new Huawei E5830 MiFi modem from 3 Mobile are that you do not have to wander round trying to find an internet cafe or shop offering WiFi anymore, simply turn on your MiFi which has a built-in SIM Card and you have instant access to Three Mobile’s 3G network.

Just released on Pay As You Go from just £69.99 the Mi-Fi Huawei E5830 wireless modem is the ideal companion for anyone who’s out and about and needs to connect to the internet, whether you want to check emails, browse websites or update your Facebook status the 3 Mobile Mi-Fi is ready to go.

Soldato
Why dont you all just use protable hotspots from your phones. I assume having a nexus 7 you would have a decent smartphone. Could just get a decent data plan and saving on carrying any extra device and contract, that is what I intend on doing.

Soldato
that does seem a bit much as you can get a mobile tariff for data for cheaper than that with giffgaff. also 3 isn't eat as much as you want, i think they start to throttle you at a set amount. i've heard of people downloading 50+gb of data through 3g though :o

Associate
I already asked this question in the Nexus 7 thread when it was at the 50 page mark, it is now over 100 pages and I didn't get a single reply.

Strange as I thought others would be interested in this topic too.

Well my question to you is, is it possible, has anyone tested it? With or with usb on the go (not sure if you can get dongles with micro usb. If not my question is, 'is it possible using usb on the go?').

I think you'll find it has been discussed to some extent in there.

It's a little harsh to say not a single reply. Might not of been a reply directly to you, but your not the only one to ask the question.

Associate
that does seem a bit much as you can get a mobile tariff for data for cheaper than that with giffgaff. also 3 isn't eat as much as you want, i think they start to throttle you at a set amount. i've heard of people downloading 50+gb of data through 3g though :o

There is another thread talking about this stuff.

Three start throttling after 20gig as far as we can tell.

Back
Top Bottom