2006 Ford Focus Fuse Box

Soldato
Hi, gotta help a friend out this weekend with his 56 plate Ford Focus. He's not very good with cars and his cigarette lighter fuse has blown by the sounds of things, so I've gotta replace it for him. He lives over 100 miles away so can't look at the car at this moment.

Where is the fuse box located on the 2006 Focus? Been looking on the internet and some say behind the glovebox (which doesn't sound right as they're usually easy to access) and in the driver's footwell which seems more reasonable. Apparently the manual is wrong :confused:.

Also, if anyone knows which fuse is for the cig lighter, that would be a great help thanks.

Man of Honour
My MK1 has the normal fuse box in the engine bay and another which is indeed behind the glovebox. You need to dismantle the glove box to get at it and even then it's a pain to get your hand in there.

Looking around on the net it would seem that the cigarette lighter fuse on a 06 plate is F39 and 20amp.

Soldato
OP
My MK1 has the normal fuse box in the engine bay and another which is indeed behind the glovebox. You need to dismantle the glove box to get at it and even then it's a pain to get your hand in there.

Looking around on the net it would seem that the cigarette lighter fuse on a 06 plate is F39 and 20amp.

Ok, elsewhere says fuse 105 too (?). Certainly not the most simple of things to sort out :p

I'll just have a look at F39 or 105 (whichever is relevant) or the 20amp fuses for a broken fuse.

Soldato
According to Autodata its behind the glovebox and it is indeed fuse 39 which is 20 amp. As you look at the fusebox, the top row is a group of six, fuse 39 is 3rd from the left.
:)

Soldato
OP
According to Autodata its behind the glovebox and it is indeed fuse 39 which is 20 amp. As you look at the fusebox, the top row is a group of six, fuse 39 is 3rd from the left.
:)

I'll go off Autodata, thanks :)

The amount of different information for a damn fuse is ridiculous, on a popular car! :o Glad I asked on here now.

Back
Top Bottom