what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
2.1 don't have the angled connectors that's the 2.2. They look like 2.1 with headband and the connectors.

To make it easier

2.1 = Straight connector + Flat headband with foam
2.2 = Leather headband with straight connectors with later models having angled ones.

That's a good thing as they are extremely linear with amazing mids.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol, welcome to liquid brain territory

I must recommend listening to some KMFDM through them, Amnesia from WTF! , in particular shines

You weren't lying. I have setup a custom eq just for these. I think I'll keep them just for bass heavy music, really enjoy them. Only problem is all my other ones will feel bass light after today. The cable is really short as well which is annoying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some DT770 250 for £44 off WH deals. I'll give them more of a chance than I did the 32, especially since I've started to appreciate headphones with less bass than before.

Associate
I seem to be turning into a little bit of a Fostex fanboy. After what seems like a very very long wait, my Grace Design M9xx dac and Fostex TH-X00 turned up today. I've been using Mr Speakers Mad Dogs for a while which are excellent headphones, but these are just on a whole new level.

The grin on my face after listening to Why So Serious? from The Dark Knight soundtrack is just ridiculous. These things are incredible!

Associate
Update on the LCD-2's so the first pair stared to develop piercing peaks and and low bass rattle in one cup. The newer pair is actually very good, close to perfect in sound. The bass is the best I've heard. The upper mid range however is a little shelved down due to the higher in level treble but I'd actually consider these neutral but extremely potent sounding. I prefer how the HD650 handles the upper mids to the LCD-2 but the LCD-2 does bass way better than the HD650 it's not even funny. I found the last pair equally as resolving as the HD650 and this pair is about the same or slightly better, it's hard to tell because the LCD-2 has better clarity which can make it seem like it resolves better i.e HD600 is cleaner than the HD650 but isn't as resolving.

I've always found the LCD-2 to be the most musical of the Audeze headphones. I'll hold on to these until a Denon D7000 in carnet arises.

Associate
I currently have:

IEM's -

Audiofly AF180
Shure 530

Over Ear -

Audeze LCD-X
Beyerdynamic T90

DAC/Amp -

Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies

Soundcard -

ASUS Xonar Essence STX II