Recommended system? :)

Associate
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has the Edifer C2xd speakers? Or if anyone can give me some feedback on them as they look tempting to buy.

I'm looking for a decent pair of speakers around £100. Not sure if to go 2.1 or bookshelf? I just want something with decent and enjoyable sound for movies, games and music. I do play games and watch movies most.

I did have the Corsair Sp2500 which broke and only lasted 3-4 years so I'm hesitant going back to them.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. Just not sure what to go for though. Edifer all sound promising.

Soldato
Edifier do make some very good speakers, so no reason to think that these be any less good. Whether you'll find many comments on these particular ones, I don't know. It's an awkward price point for lesser known speakers with few reviews or comments, because Harman Kardon Soundsticks III cost the same, and for £30 more will buy the Aego M. Both are excellent 2.1 speakers with many great reviews.

I think 2.1 might be the better choice for you if you will use the speakers more for gaming and when watching films. Bookshelf sized stereo speakers will better excel at music more than anything. While stereo is fine for many people when it comes to gaming and film watching (including me), if you're coming from 2.1, then I think you will miss the extra bass a subwoofer provides.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advise, it will help me with choosing :).
I have seen the harmon kardons but they are too ugly. Just don't understand why they designed them like that haha. Personal preference though.

I do think I'd miss the extra bass to be honest and the sp2500 bass was impressive. I might give hear Edifier c2xd a try as the reviews I've already seen are positive

Back
Top Bottom