Tidal Lossless streaming

Soldato
Anyone spotted this?

link if anyone is interested.

http://lnc.hr/xy6e4

If you sign up via that link i apaprently have more chance of early access so if people are interested we could do a chain and sign up under eachother :o

not sure when it's coming out but you can sign up for a beta.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
yes that's one of the reasons i'd kind of like to sneak early access so i can maybe find out some costing.

Qobuz is £20 a month which is too much imo especially since lossless isn't available on the move.

Associate
Soldato
OP
well i spent some time comparing qobuz to deezer and you're right it's incredibly hard to tell the difference.

but still will have to see when it comes out I'm open to all things especially if i can get it free for a bit :)

£19.99 per month and in the US a price of $19.99.

annoys me so much when they do this.

Associate
I agree that for on the go use lossless is pretty pointless however I think being allowed to chose the quality you would like to use would be preferable. Any encouragement to increase/maintain standards should be welcomed, before we get sucked into unintentionally accepting poor quality bit rates by people who have no idea what they are settling for.

Soldato
If this is article is accurate, I suspect the pricing will be £20/month

http://www.techradar.com/news/audio/spotify-has-a-new-lossless-rival-and-it-s-called-tidal-1263912

Personally I don't see the point in high res streaming. It's not something I'm likely to use on the go since it would eat through my data, and at the end of the day the difference between 320kbps (Spotify premium) and lossless is hard to distinguish. The only real benefit might be access to better masters.

i disagree, the difference is very noticeable with good monitors or a decent set of cans.

http://lnc.hr/hr4ni

Soldato
Because this is the PC hardware section :confused:

By that reasoning most of the threads in this section should be moved, as they are mostly headphone or headphone related (e.g. amps etc) and not PC specific

In fact a streaming service is probably more pc related than non pc hardware as you are most likely going to use a pc to stream :D

Soldato
Yep, if we want to get picky then everything except gaming headsets, powered speakers and sound cards should be moved - and then there's not much point in keeping the section as they could be moved to gaming peripherals.

Soldato
But they're hardware that you'd use with a PC.

We're talking about a music service. Surely that would be better off with the hi-fi section no?

Maybe just me *shrugs* maybe it doesn't really fit in either. Regardless, probably worth merging them one way or another.

Soldato
OP
can't merge them :/

if there is one in their so beit streaming service for lossless audio in a sub fora full of conversations about high quality audio components I see no issue.

It's relevant

Soldato
The "Home Cinema and Hi-Fi" forum is mostly about TVs, which is why I think this forum has become so popular. I think it started through people wanting better sound quality for gaming, so it branched into headphones and then external headphone amps and then DACs. Now it's got to the stage where it has it's own community, so post subjects are not so tightly adhered to.

An option: "Home Cinema and Hi-Fi" forum could be split into "Home Cinema" and "Hi-Fi". Then all these threads could be moved into "Hi-Fi", the threads concerning headsets and gaming sound could be moved to "gaming peripherals" and this forum could then be removed.

Soldato
But they're hardware that you'd use with a PC.

We're talking about a music service. Surely that would be better off with the hi-fi section no?

Maybe just me *shrugs* maybe it doesn't really fit in either. Regardless, probably worth merging them one way or another.

The home cinema and Hi-Fi section is also hardware.

As this is a service, surely it should be put in the Music, box office, TV and book section?

Could go in any of them really.

rids57 said:
An option: "Home Cinema and Hi-Fi" forum could be split into "Home Cinema" and "Hi-Fi". Then all these threads could be moved into "Hi-Fi", the threads concerning headsets and gaming sound could be moved to "gaming peripherals" and this forum could then be removed.

So sound cards and PC audio software in general would end up in the gaming peripherals section?

If not there, then surely those threads cannot be placed in the Hi-Fi section, if that were to be separated from home cinema.

I can see this thread going off topic, if it hasn't done so already! :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I said "an" option, I never said it was perfect :D

Maybe we should just turn this forum into what it is already, basically anything "Audio" and use the "Home Cinema and Hi-Fi" forum for just "Home Cinema" - That would work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom