Covering radiator grills in cold weather....

Soldato
whats LCI?

there have been loads of cars in the past with active aero things where flaps open and close at various speeds, but to do things with frontal lift

Capodecina
Soldato
I suspect that your experience was the exception rather than the rule.

I have placed kitchen foil covered cardboard over my radiator grille for years in the winter - always seemed to work fine temperature-wise.

I know (as someone has mentioned) that some cars come supplied with a radiator airflow restrictor for use in harsh winter conditions.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15704471 said:
This is part of Efficient Dynamics and is fitted to LCI SE models. Obviously its of benefit but only if you stop, get out, and remove it when the engine is up to temperature otherwise it starts to have the opposite effect.

No it isnt. E60 SEs had the radiator vents since launch. They have just rolled it into part of ED but it was already there.

Soldato
My van hasn't got up to it's normal operating temp once in the last week.

In traffic my van didnt get up to temperature, only when under sustained load on the motorway did it come off the bottom of the gauge. When back in town and driving stop/start it went back down again.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15706110 said:
Well yes it is - I don't see how the fact that pre LCI models also have it stops what I said being true ;)

I said its part of ED - which it now is - and that LCI SE's have it - which of course they do ;)

OK your right even though it wasnt introduced as part of ED. Like your post implied ;).

Back
Top Bottom