any gigabyte reps on the forum?

Associate
my pc just completely shut down and my usb ports are dead on the back minus a few and ive just looked inside with a torch and i can see a blew capacitor my motherboard is out of warranty I was wondering how much it would cost for a repair as I dont intend to spend 300+ on a new skylake pc, just noticed the smell coming from the pc was my xbox wireless dongle so that is gone :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You won't be able to get it repaired I wouldn't have though. Motherboards are multi layer PCBs making replacing anything a total pain in the bum if it's even possible.

Your best bet is to pick up a cheap 2nd hand one to get you going again.

Associate
OP
You won't be able to get it repaired I wouldn't have though. Motherboards are multi layer PCBs making replacing anything a total pain in the bum if it's even possible.

Your best bet is to pick up a cheap 2nd hand one to get you going again.

thanks i got a email back off one off the uk rma and they said they cant do nothing.

HI,

Sorry, our motherboard model if over 3 years, all component send back to TW HQ, no spare parts for repair.

Regard.

Returns Dept.

Associate
OP
Quick question I've noticed the usbs blowing out has also took out my onboard soundcard the front or back ports don't work, if I was to buy a soundcard can i plug it into my front io headphone jack on my case I know for usbs I can get pci for them

Back
Top Bottom