Sound card worth me buying

Associate
Serious question, would a sound card be worth the purchase for me? I don't see why I would need one since I have never had an issue with my built in sound on my motherboard, but can't help but wonder if it'd help in things like cs with hearing footsteps more clearly, or is this more to do with my headset? My motherboard is a gigabyte z77x ud3h incase you're wondering :)

thanks

Associate
I just upgraded to the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mobo coming from a old Asus P6T and used a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer with that board for years. Reading reviews on the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming it was noted on how good the on-board sound was so i thought i would give it a try and i must say im really impressed.

The on-board SupremeFX on this board is just as good, if not better than my old X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card, so good in fact that ive stuck with on board audio. As you said yourself though your headset does play a large part in audio quality.

Maybe a 7.1 surround sound headset is the way forward for you?

Associate
OP
I already have a 7.1 surround sound headset (although I don't know what this means :') ). Would a better soundcard actually improve this a noticeable amount or do you not think it's worth it?

Back
Top Bottom