Decent running in ear for less than £50

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hello sound city.

Mother rjk has been running for a while and is using some old crap in ears that I gave her about 10 years ago. She has expressed interest in a set of hook style sports in ears that hold securely whilst running.

Its her birthday so I'm looking at some sennheiser adidas ones, but open to other ideas.

Soldato
I use of Sennheiser MX686G whilst running and they are very good. Sound quality is great and they stay in well after you get them in the right position. Unfortunately the right position can take a while to find but I do it during warm up.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Running I would class as anything with a neckband or ear hooks to keep the in ears secure. Waterproof and wireless aren't really a concern.

Don't really care what they are or who they sound just wondered if there was a go to pair of active orientated headphones in this price range

Soldato
Sub £50 you should be looking at something like the Mee Audio M6 pro, which you can pick up for £39 from Amazon. Good sound quality, over the ear fitting, excellent accessory pack and everything is replaceable, including ear pieces (drivers) and cable.

The Sennheiser sports gear is going to sound ok but I have seen reports of the plastic parts being weak and breaking within 6 months.

Personally I have no trouble with my over ear IEMs being secure, once they are in I can pretty much do anything I want and they won't come loose. I have the RHA MA750 (£80) and the Fidue A73 (£95) and they both sound fantastic and are extremely comfortable for long periods.

Soldato
Mee M6 would also be my recommendation, though like rids I use my normal IEMs for literally everything including mtbing/running/lifting and dont have an issue with fit or stability.

Back
Top Bottom