[Einstein@home] News Q4 2015

Associate
What are you going to use it for? It might be worth considering getting something like 2 of these.

Already have one quad and four dual 2011 rigs ,one built on that very board is going to take over from the SR-2 as my daily driver.

All have 8 or 12 core CPU's but I am only going to allow myself one dedicated crunching rig so am selling off most of them:(

Plus the 4890V2 CPU's are the next generation on from the 2600V2 xeons.

Not to forget one of the main reasons is space/manageability having rigs dotted all over the place is a pita.

Last edited:
Associate
Merry Christmas all:)

Looks like we get a present - 50th place - taken from the children of Boone Community School District - Iowa :D

Edit ; Yes I'm at work today:(

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
10 day countdown to UK No.1 spot has started:eek:

You might have set your 10 day countdown clock running a bit too soon :eek:

I've taken a card out as I think it was causing the box to reboot, once a day, so it might need to be RMA'd and production has dropped because of that. Also I'm away at the beginning of January so will be turning all the cards off for that period.

Associate
26tOZ42Mg6pbTUPHW.gif

Associate
Looks like I got my system back up and running after the race is done :o

Windows updates caused driver conflicts on my Xeon rig which is why it was spitting out so many errors. Solved that then the PSU in my other machine was causing instabilities so that's now powering my dual Xeon with no GPU's.

Note to self: A x79 setup, 2 GTX 980's + Soundblaster ZxR + Noctua NH-D15 and a Corsair AX 1500i is not designed for use in a mid sized case!

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yes, we should sink the US Navy tomorrow :D

There are no BRP6 tasks available for GPUs, there is a problem which the admins say they will fix on Monday but there are BRP4G tasks you can do.

Back
Top Bottom