• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will a i5 6400 produce less heat than a i5 4440?

Associate
Due to a recent ordering mix up, I may be in the fortunate position to swap my i5 4440 for a i5 6400.

I'm into quiet computing, and I'm wondering if a i5 6400 will produce less heat (and therefore require less cooling / lower spinning fans) than an i5 4440?

Thank you,
Conor

Soldato
TDP is lower so I guess yes, though unless you are running high CPU usage all the time its not likely to make any difference (I bet on average power usage / heat is about the same since TDPs are not that far apart )

Associate
OP
For anyone curious, my idle temps are now down 15c and my load temps are down 25c :) Brilliant CPU, makes the system so much quieter!

Associate
OP
I would, but considering the stock cooler is maxing at 1300 RPM and 55c, it doesn't feel worth the investment. I can barely hear the fans when it's underload, and the CPU has never been above 55.

Back
Top Bottom