GTX 980Ti Strix and AIO watercooling

Associate
I'm really happy with the performance of my GPU but in order to keep it cool (less than 70 degrees when gaming) the fans have to be cranked up to 65% to 70%, which is far too loud for my liking.

The card is overclocked 100mhz on the core and 200mhz on the memory (over and above the factory OC settings) - running close to 1500mhz boost clocks. I haven't tried to push it any further.

So, I'm looking to improve the cooling and keep the noise down. I don't want to get into the expense of custom water cooling solutions, I'd like an AIO cooler on the core and something like the Kraken G10 or Corsair's HG10 bracket cooling the memory, VRMs etc.

What are people's experiences and opinions of this setup/approach?

Thanks

Permabanned
The only thing I would be concerned about is whether 280mm rad space will be sufficient to cool the CPU and GPU. You will not have much headroom left especially if your overclocking.

360mm will give you better temps if you can fit it in. For example I have 2x 240mm rads plus a 120mm which keeps my GPU at 45oc max under heavy load but still remains quiet.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think I've already binned the idea of water cooling the GPU, the Arctic Accelero Xtreme seems to do exactly what I want and its only £50 on Amazon.

If I was considering spending a few hundred £ on water cooling the GPU and/CPU then I'd be moving the Ti on and getting a 1080 instead and keeping it standard.

Back
Top Bottom