Prospective build advice

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to build a new gaming rig and have never water cooled before so I’m looking for advice and a bit of guidance. Ive read the stickys on here and watched some videos on youtube but im still a bit unsure of a few things. I have heard that the case I have chosen can be a bit of a nightmare to work with but I love the design and it has to be wall mounted due to lack of space and also not too loud as it will be in my living room. I have a list of what I intend on using but as it’s my first time I’m not sure if I’ve missed anything and I’m also not sure of the number of fittings I will require but I guess that’s dependant on the routing of the tubing. Im also not sure about fitting and tubing sizes is what i have listed ok or is there a better option for my build?

So this is my intended build-
Case: Lian li pc-o7sx
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero VIII
Processor: i7 6700k
PSU: Evga SuperNOVA 650 G2 or Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 (not sure if I really need the 750 or that it will fit)
GPU: EVGA GTX1070 ftw
RAM: Dominator Platinum 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 3.5 inch 1TB
SSD: Samsung 750 EVO 500 GB
Thermal compound: Arctic mx-4

Cooling bits-
EK Water Blocks EK-FC1080 GTX EVGA FTW
EK-FB ASUS M8G Monoblock
EK coolstream se 360 radiator
Noctua NF-F12 Fans x3
EK xres revo d5 100pwm
Primoflex Advanced Tubing 13/10 - Clear x3
EK-AF Angled 90 Degrees G1 / 4 inch – Black
EK-AF Angled 45 Degrees G1 / 4 inch- Black
EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G14 - Black Nickel
EK-CSQ Plug G1/4 (for EK-Badge) - Black Nickel
EK-AF Pass-Through G1/4 – Black
I know I need fluid too but haven’t decided on colour as yet.

Any pointers would be great!
Cheers

Soldato
When it comes to working in a specific case it becomes slightly more difficult, I'm not familiar with that case personally.

Fittings:
CPU block
GPU block
Radiator
Reservoir

You'll need

8 x 13/10 compression fittings, two for each component of the loop.

Ball valve

Either two more 13/10 compression fittings or a male/male thread fitting if you're planning on running the tap straight from a spare port on your reservoir. You'll want to use a plug on the other side of the tap so if the one you have listed above (EK-CSQ Plug G1/4) is for something else, order up another one. You may also want a spare compression fitting to screw in temporarily while using the tap to drain the loop.

If routing tubing through to the back of the case, you'll need another two compression fittings per EK-AF Pass-Through.

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom