Radiator questions...

Associate
Hi all,

Got a couple of questions about my loop:

- Currently I'm using one EK 360 XE for an i76850k with a Titan X Pascal. I am planning on overclocking both hard - hoping to get the i7 to 4.4 Ghz, and I know my Titan can hit 2 Ghz. Will this single 360 60mm radiator be enough to keep my CPU temp in the 40s-50's under load, with comparable GPU temps? Or should I look at adding another rad to my loop? I could add a 280/240 to the top as exhaust if necessary, or a 140.
- Which mounting position is better - top exhaust or front exhaust? If having it in the front, I was going to have the ports on the bottom so I can have a drain port at the bottom of my case. Anyone have experience on whether or not this is a good idea?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
A 60mm thick 360mm radiator should be plenty. Temp will be fully dependent on ambient as well as voltage, as long as you're not running something like IBT to load the CPU you'll be fine.

You're looking somewhere between 40c-50c for GPU temp.

Radiator front or top, doesn't really make a difference other than when it comes to bleeding the air out, a radiator mounted upside down (fittings at the bottom) is much harder to bleed. You'll need to turn your case upside down to make sure all the bubbles are gone. If you don't mind doing this it would be a good place to have your drain port.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I may just stick with the front rad upright then. Ahh I'm very tempted to buy the EK SE 240 radiator to put up top, just to give that little bit extra cooling. Guessing this can only help right...?

Soldato
Thanks, I may just stick with the front rad upright then. Ahh I'm very tempted to buy the EK SE 240 radiator to put up top, just to give that little bit extra cooling. Guessing this can only help right...?

Yep if you can spare the extra cash man why not :) Check out the HW Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240mm, they're great rads.

Associate
OP
Haha funnily enough that is the exact rad I've decided on after looking around. Unfortunately OC UK don't stock them, so will have to get one from somewhere else. The one thing I'm worried about is the flow rate though, so I was considering getting the X-flow which has much less restriction, but slightly less performance.

Do you think the restriction of the U-flow would cause any issues in a loop with the XE 360, GPU block, CPU block, on a single D5? I'm possibly going to look at adding 2x4 RAM and another GPU block in the future as well, but that would be quite a while away.

Soldato
:cool: Nice one. They're great quality rads. I have 2x120 GTX/GS and a 160 GTX going in my rig in the next week or so.

I wondered about restriction myself, but to begin with a few years ago, I had my single D5 running a loop with a 360mm, 240mm, 120mm radiators. 2x high restriction GPU blocks (Aqua computer GTX 480) and a XSPC Raystorm CPU block. No problems at all. if I remember correctly I had the pump on setting 3. Worked perfectly :)

You'll have no problem with yours, plenty of extra headroom for adding an extra block later, if you fancy it.

Back
Top Bottom