Pipe and fluid

Man of Honour
Mayhems own tubing is excellent. It's cheap too. I have used many different makes of tubing over the years, Masterclear, XSPC, Primochill advanced and none of them are worth the price premium over Mayhems tubing. I am currently using their 10/16mm tubing and it fits nice and tightly over 7/16" (16/11mm) compression fittings. It fits these Monsoon fittings particularly well.

los

los

Associate
OP
Oh right, I know when I built my loop, primochill was the best, I use 7/16" on 1/2" barbs. Although this is why I thought it was best to ask, as it was a while ago.
I used blue tubing before, but I think I might go clear tubing with blue coolant this time.

Man of Honour
I normally use coloured tubing in the case and clear for the rest of the loop but this time around I went for Mayhems 10/16mm clear tubing with, for the first time ever, Mayhems red X1 coolant. Their 10/16mm tubing goes over 1/2" barbs as well. Just dip the end of the tubing in hot water before forcing it onto the barbs makes it much easier.

Soldato
Primochill stains as well with mayhems pastels, so you are not gaining anything with the price premium. Not something to stress about really though - tubing should be viewed as a consumable.

I stuck with primochill when I last did a loop strip down as mayhems was quite new on the market and I was going to see what results others had with it. Next time round, will likely change to mayhems.

Back
Top Bottom