Antec H600 - Initial Review

Associate
So I had one of these arrive today and thought as there doesn't seem to be too much info about them or any reviews I would do a quick user review of it.

y3mFuFvyPEYUEfB6U6IJVNB2liFoFtc-0SafA8BxzX8-5S5OYP2iTn4GEr9HhbeaD2m5Ap1jxa_aGwFve3K-hZUVLrMkVl-Y2TGjqRoxTFoNG77RpdCB9Piv84PUTZHTxFopifzjToo-JSZNu3Rre5gSQ

Box very well presented with all the product details displayed on the side panels.

y3mF7XWfFUhvnUrJBda7rwtY25K7kTD5IO7Et2_hRguU2YO4uKOkaRlWIVSEnzsgtxoAXdaQ72jrcaXN3BMdfxZ4T6tWfCL5s4rJnBusBt0cXjmOzHw9iMoKRJjK0LIClLTn8H6EmGnSiRvu37UBupahvulRFGyyxOICWpWEdXZ2bs

Some details about the components.

y3m4e1dQINbUiCTSqMmKItpEIGipat-ogqIOEPsemfHzzSHMN_vIKQidJ7UlTzv1OdQXyelaVJDJk7SJQypCswc-Dj5se7Dhm8tj9ZT4bGRD9lC565WSBqVGfyrEt96eRrI3xEQ-rG75S0nyikQWTik8A

Opening the box you can see it's fairly well packaged with the pump and radiator curved to the outside of the box with the brackets, instructions and fixings in the middle.

y3mFro2REtnpa6EZB-ZUPfneYEeuwCvZMHVP7QCzp2NLTA43qP2qWx8XESRg_fX7B28fP1Mf8gq1YHfW6Sa-j0J_uqOEQ--SG_48A3o7oXPl2mwjuKikx4ECOWNR5eRnWwEIn9-VNJUQJwRunJZnKRyEg

Fan is rated from 600-1800RPM and has a blue led when in use (more on that later).

y3mtxR-nGeYNlSP92WI5NrqTweh-4-SB-RMU_P47uSLNztbuvtAzFdqna8-UJqtoH1iMMOXHPf4v0XAiWUFYor4jieQtMTotYg_WiDl0N8iQNhEbiQixHy7AG4GhzTc_HRPDIK4flqyB4m3RbLD5_nugJ8Wskd73QeGME1SwiSLPys

Pump is fairly decent size and comes with a smooth copper base (forgot to photo the base, will get one next time I take it apart). It comes with a SATA connector for power and a 3 pin header to monitor the RPM of the pump from a motherboard header.

y3mOihZQhRNxDsdGXsiTCwDHvvcAex_J7mgxbkCyzTfEyAblaH2P8hVfX-gFNK7ujW9BmFtjNug0afqVQVAL_ZM73Hx-IlkSvj774Ty7F4F3Wk3y5piXOh8wXFCi3wJjx60z8UBg7CmbceXuI3xaOtcYMOr1oaXwhHUZMxr78-hC4M

Radiator measures 155mm x 120mm x 27mm and the tubes from the pump measure 315mm in length with 1.3mm spacing between each fin for 'maximum heat dissipation'.

y3ma-IQ66niAWrBuuxdq_9AyJZmODR8VyoPQm1Q6Jrqev0KKuC4a3bO9jbuhA3vg1xZVjI3pRoWKiogTzLMvP5dxj8DZt-oAu6dKtu-OOyJZrAMV1tBKqG_S6yDzyyzl9UfSSkQOjzzScS8QhXGgsnwyA

Package contains backplate, fastenings, Intel (1366/115X/775/2011) and AMD (AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2) bracket, screws for fan, 4 extension mounts for socket 2011, some double sided tape and a set of instructions.

y3msq2lBYgZprgUQr1RUBkatKPJjs0729y71-FcBfi8sCCCC8GRQdJ1i8tCHEaLYvlgKco2tmpgRk3vSVyA6XDU3toGyE5vhmRqziQ01RAfFAXMb582rUNTXSDzmBs3VSCeHgZByjozTtglccQleqMzu3GmdIcuIltQWxxGeiPSEEs

y3md6i-vxD8VJ7_FileZmeG2EJxRAwDYc4j-RGKD_T_8lxVW2SqOMHHRI4ZK2m_7UkuZpBmhU0RTLTIPaWP9xddI3JnyxSFhXsJNff6ccMXGq1_FzcSC9iAzQv_lQRI2hduJWS7jW0OV3IGWwjRyecM7NeDPcLZfkLkytsKDz_fP5s

Instructions are incredibly basic with no text detail provided. These probably let the product down as the rest of the package is pretty good.

y3mACk0EosHHPT5B-11uVQve8I0hWZw0ErLi3TVR28Cfna9ewpQpcSxjuDaznAOqX5i5NubR68LSVpA94qxkTXns8rFlwp5awFUySXR2hduVpg8Fz6tiY6_MN-pEKpGQLvafVNX2vxw8AZTvqfPMNM-J1RUX6Y16TWIRd0dWbfZbGI

Mounting the baseplate involves pushing the 4 pins through the socket appropriate for your processor (1366 here). There is some double sided tape in the package for securing the backing plate to the board, however I've not applied this here as it will impact re-usability.

y3mCcTHq_MEhQLoTirFZ8M-Sb5RtZlGU9YAw-u_ewiZAltUYPRPDxZimJjVtIkTWvo4zaBzKYNI3vtNwbnZ35FcLMZ4zOauSpvgcyu_-x2HiGM8kPJQ-rsxJUBgPXYxZziOus8_72UzuWT-GcuE1IBGznovoORXWmf802iP8LuYJnw

Product is fairly easy to mount , just requires a bit of effort to get the pushpins into the mountings on the base plate. I used some leftover Arctic Cooling MX-4 instead of the included TPM so I can perform a fair temperature comparison.
The radiator was a significant challenge in my CM 690 case where the interior rivets are not flush to the case meaning that the radiator is not as snug to the back of the case as I would like, however most modern cases (from looking after an initial panic that it wouldn't fit) shouldn't have this problem. Due to the extra clearance the radiator needs I also had to remove a fan from the top exhaust, again an issue most modern cases do not have. Depending when I get a new PC and/or case I will likely revisit this to assess it again.
Cables were plenty long enough to plug the fan into the CPU fan socket and the pump into a SATA socket around the back of the case. I will be looking at freeing up a motherboard fan header at a later date for the pump RPM readings.

y3mdjWYXPsmbWaVA3GqqDOClqvQiaZeIwcgNGJ0WvheHTRCy-OytYP___v4qJ3K_5AoUW0aqXSwIPtfV7X04icwbtjWmbPeZU6JWytckDnAB6tzTjqTcaU4Dd_xNcb78SjnBo2uAW7k_T9ipSLl2VKMWE_P4S-nfJYLiYyDkJaLnmc

Once powered on you can really see the bright blue LEDs from the fan and the blue Antec logo on the pump. Whilst the aesthetic of the pump looks pretty good the LED's are very bright on the included fan and I will be looking at changing this for something a bit more subtle at a later date.

Initial impressions are pretty good. Compared to the Titan Fenrir it replaced the temps at 2.8GHz (BCLK overclocking seems to cause some start up problems so I've just bumped the multiplier to 21) are around 5°C lower than previous (38°C vs 44°C) and 10°C lower under load (52°C vs 62°C).
There so far appears to be little extra noise generated from the pump and included fan over what the existing case fans produced so I'm pretty pleased with it there.

Will post up some more detailed temps and overclocks when I've got a bit more time.

Summary

With a 5 year warranty and a price tag of under £40 there's plenty to like about the Antec H600 Pro. The bright LEDs for the fan and a poor set of instructions are the only thing to let the product down initially, only time will tell whether it's worth spending more on something like the Corsair H60.

Value - 10/10 - Only the Coolermaster Sedion is in a similar price bracket and this has a smaller radiator
Installation - 9/10 - The double sided tape lets the backplate down other than that installation fairly straight forward.
Aesthetics - 7/10 - the LED's from the included fan are really bright. An option to disable this or another model without the LED fan would improve this
Performance - 8/10 - No complaints so far, quiet and cooler than the Fenrir it replaced at idle and under load. Time will adjust this score.

Thanks for reading

Associate
I'm looking at getting one of these myself. Whats the clearance like for the backplate?

My motherboard tray doesn't have a cutout underneath the CPU socket. I am using normal size standoffs.

Reading the comments/reviews for other CPU Coolers I see some mention the screws for the backplate come in contact with the motherboard tray which is something I want to avoid.

Thanks for the review! :)

Associate
I have 2 of these now and concur with this review. My only addition would be to say that the pump on my second unit fitted yesterday is noticeably louder than the 1st one I bought, which is disappointing. The Blue leds are a tad annoying on the fans and will probably get cut next time I'm in the case.

Aside from that I'm very impressed with the performance.

Associate
Are the radiators mounted the same way round, i.e the tubes coming out the bottom of the radiator?
I believe you are supposed to mount them this way so any air bubbles rising to the top of the radiator don't get sucked through the pump.

Soldato
Well after having a timeout and a look online for help I had another try and I have finally got it fitted.

It was a nightmare tho. The backplate supplied is different to what ive seen online and it dosent make it clear in the instructions which was round it goes.

The mounting seems flimsy and dosent seem as secure as corsairs units.

Seriously tho the manual is a joke and it dosent even make sense.

Heres an excerpt :

"If the platform for intel, please install the fittings of A water head in an organic whole, and then use accessories connection back C. M and L will be A whole water head is fixed on motherboard."

Associate
"If the platform for intel, please install the fittings of A water head in an organic whole, and then use accessories connection back C. M and L will be A whole water head is fixed on motherboard."

You've got to love Chinglish and the lack of anyone actually checking that their google translate manual instructions actually make sense.

Back
Top Bottom