First loop bleeding problems

Associate
I am having a problem with my new loop and think it still hasn't bleed properly.

Been up and running a couple days now but the pump is still making a lot of noise and I can hear constant running water like a tap is on.
I have tried all the ushal like rotating case but its not shifting.

Any sugestions? I'm worried now the cpu block is the wrong way around, going to take it apart soon and add a gpu block but want to get it running right first so I can be sure the pump is ok.

heres a pic of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Try undoing one of the res. ports to let the air escape. also try tilting the case sideways to move the air bubbles out. it can take a while for all the air bubbles to escape.

I usually leave one of my ports open with the pump on max settings for a week for it to fully bleed

Associate
It varies from loop to loop. Different configs can affect it.

Looking at your loop i would say most of the air bubbles are trapped in the front rad. Try tilying the case on the side and see if any bubbles are coming out

Associate
OP
Yes I think you are right and they are in front rad just cant seem to shift them. I can hear bubbles but i cant see them through the pastel liquid.

The pipe coming out of the cpu block isnt quite full and its a bit frothy. If that makes sence. Got me worried that the actual copper block on cpu block was wrong way around but probably just being paranoid.

Associate
Just give it some more time and tilt the case every now and then. Squeezing the tube with the air bubble also helps.

If you do plan on adding a GPU block in future, maybe rotate the front rad so the ports are on the top, this will help the air problem.

Soldato
Personally I've not even opened ports but it levels over time, it can help if you start and stop it a lot but generally just keep the res nice and full and it should ease out. Presume it's still bubble noises when you power on, it's normal...

CPU block is a ray storm no? So the text would be upside down if it was wrong.

Soldato
Yeah it says "IN" under the right hand port so as long as that pipe from the pump is feeding it then it must be ok.

Its much easier getting air bubbles out before you actually start using the PC as you can hook up the pump to the power supply only, then turn the pump on and off in short bursts to push air bubbles out of the blocks and rads whilst tilting the case to help them along the way.

If you simply leave the PC stood as it is with the pump running at the same speed it can take quite a lot longer for the air to work its way to the res in very small bubbles.

Associate
OP
Yeh the actual block is seperate from the bracket and can be rotated 180deg, worring I done that by accident but probably just paranoid.
Unfortunately the front rad will only fit that way round.

OK will give it a bit more time and keep leaning it before I worrie.

Last edited:
Associate
Hope you get it sorted m8

I must say I rather like the clean white look you have gone for, looks good :)

As I have massive external radiators I found my system can take weeks to bleed properly, so I wouldn't worry just yet :)

Associate
OP
cheers, its nothing fancy, fired it in in about 30mins as was excited to see what it was like. will take more time in my next build.

that's reassuring to know that it can thake a while tbh, just had the pc on the floor doing cartwheels and nothing......so heres hoping.

Associate
My loop (similar setup) took almost 2 weeks before it started to settle down Its trapped air in one of the radiators.

Give it another week. Also what helped my situation is to move the case almost onto its side that will help shift some air.

Nice build. :)

Associate
OP
well its been 10 days and still havnt managed to get the bubbles out and I'm just going to drain it to add a gpu block, so will be starting all over again :)

temps are still awesome tho

Associate
When you do the rebuild, make sure to flip the front radiator over if you can, as someone else said. Then you will pretty much only have to worry about the top rad, which you can bleed by tilting the case steeply on its side whilst the pump is on. Fill the reservoir as high as possible and seal the fill ports before you tilt, as it's too small to do whilst they're open. Air will get sucked back in if you don't keep filling the reservoir each time a big pocket of air migrates from the rads, so keep filling! That's the problem with small reservoirs.

Associate
OP
yeh unfortunately I cant put the bottom radiator that way around in this case.

Wish I had splashed out and bought the d5 photon 170 instead of the ion but I was trying to keep costs down, will upgrade in a few months I think if this pump doesn't quiet down.

Overall tho I'm delighted with the build as my first jump into water cooling, getting 30-40Deg across both cpu and gpu running heaven with rig in sig.

pic if anyone is interested

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom