Buying a ready-built watercooled PC

Soldato
Personally I would never do this, but a friend of mine is looking to do so, which I'm trying to discourage. You of course pay a premium, which is understandable, which saves the significant time investment of building yourself, but you gain zero knowledge of the process, which is certainly an issue when it comes to maintenance. Clearly there is a big market for pre-built WC systems though, but it got me wondering about warranty... obviously individual components are covered, but what about the build itself, and if over time you suffer a leak and components get damaged? How would you prove it wasn't user error messing about with something, a fault in the original assembly or a specific fitting fault for example? And what kind of compensation are you entitled to if it were one of the latter two?

Caporegime
Always an issue even with compete EK kits you fit yourself as to weather it was a manufacturing fault or user error.

You have more chance though if you bought it complete.

There is always your good old house insurance accidental damage to fall back on though if the worst happens.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi, with prebuilt systems bought through overclockers you will be covered for leaks for the warranty of the computer. Any damages to any components will also be covered as long as the original specification has not been altered. That is the reason for the premium price as you get that peace of mind from any problems.

Permabanned
Build one yourself, its not rocket science just common sense. Do some research and ask questions and you will build a great custom loop first time around. Thats what i did around 10 years ago, id never buy an AIO loop cause you dont learn **** all and AIO loops are inferior to custom loops. Do it first time do it right ;)

Back
Top Bottom