Pump & Reservoir choice

Associate
Thought I had everything ordered in for a new PC build, but forgot about pump and reservoir. Will be watercooling a 5820K (cpu) with EK Supremecy Evo Elite. and a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming gpu with a Ek-FC Full water block. Running both through a single Black Ice SR2 Xtreme+ 420MP rad. Housing everything in a Ethnoo Primo Full Tower. Looking at what I think might be suitable,I see a EK-Xres 140 Revo D5 PWM combo and a XSPC D5 Photon 170 Res Combo. Not sure what to go for, so input welcome.

Associate
I don't think you can go to wrong with the major manufacturers ddc and d5 based offerings.

I went with the EK D5 with a larger tube (my case is huge) and I'm happy with it.

I would think about how you are going to mount it a as some designs are better than others depending on location.

I preferred the non pwm D5 as I don't think it's worth altering pump speed dependant on load, I've set mine to an appropriate level (based on noise) and left it alone.

Associate
OP
Just waiting on an order arriving, so I can figure out the best way to arrange things. Not much by way of reviews to go on, so good to hear from someone whos been there, done that. Cheers

Associate
I use Primochill CTR reservoir and pump combo, pretty good. I mean for this kind of component, the choice is dependant on aesthetic and brand reputation mostly, there isn't much different between them in term of performance.

Associate
OP
Its been a long time since I have done a new build, so not up to speed with whats hot and whats not. This is the last (for the minute) of the component buying, so didn't want to end up with a duck egg. Good to hear about general performance of the different systems. I suppose I should have a look at some build logs for inspiration. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom