• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1060 or 970

Associate
As the title suggests, I'm looking to upgrade my 660ti as its, after a remarkably good innings, starting to show its age a bit. My upper limit is around £250 and I'm looking for a card to last until I retire the cpu etc in a couple years time. Prior experience and gut instinct tells me to go for the newer card, but I just wanted to check in with you guys to see if that's still the case.

Associate
970 is a decent upgrade over 660 TI, which is what I did. That was in December 2014 though.

At this point in time I would not buy a 970. You could get one of the cheaper 1060 for not much more money. Current tech, more memory, price just a bit more than 970.

Associate
OP
So I bought the 1060 and have installed it today (as well as giving my pc a thorough going over with some compressed air) and it is working perfectly! I can't believe it's possible to max out GTA V for this kind of price, I can tell I'm going to be enjoying myself.

Cheers for the help guys.

Associate
So I bought the 1060 and have installed it today (as well as giving my pc a thorough going over with some compressed air) and it is working perfectly! I can't believe it's possible to max out GTA V for this kind of price, I can tell I'm going to be enjoying myself.

Cheers for the help guys.

glad you're happy man. enjoy your new card!

oh don't forget to run benchmarks and stuff, you know we like that kind of stuff, right?

Back
Top Bottom