• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080 Palit Gamerock or Super Jetstream

Associate
Hi all,I'm going to grab my 1st Nvidia card today,I've always been team red going green for the 1st time :D
I've been contemplating which 1070/1080 for over a week and nailed it to one of these Palit 1080 cards. The Gamerock is £610 the Jetstream £630.
Which of these would you recommend guys?
Any advice will be most appreciated cheers.
Adger

Caporegime
They are basically the same card with same cooler, just slightly different clocks in the range so buy whichever one you like the look of the most.

Associate
I don't know anything about the jetstream but I do own a gamerock and it's awesome. The fans don't spin up until 50c and even then I can't hear it make a sound when they get going. Mine boosted to 1960 out the box and oc'd to 2050 core 11000 memory. It also has a dual bios switch so can be flashed without worry and fully customisable rgb lighting if that's your thing. Can't recommend enough.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys..the looks arnt important tbh,I can't see inside my case from the outside anyway :D I was just wondering what if anything the extra 20 quid got you? But if the Gamerock clocks like that then maybe that's the one to look at. The Super Jetstream is flying out though

Associate
OP
Thanks Razorpakk ,I actually ordered the super Jetstream just before you posted.
Only living 10 mins away from OCUK I'm picking it up within the next few hours. Il let people know my findings with the card later..cheers mate

Soldato
Any physical difference between the base versions and the 'super' or 'premium' variants.

I can see the core/mem clocks are higher, but are they binned chips or just BIOS clocked higher so the cheaper model is just as good?

Or just moniker tax :D

Caporegime
The "base" base ones are sometimes single power, reference boards.

After that they are all the same custom board with dual bios and cooler and its only the guaranteed clock speed which changes

Gainward (Palit is their sister company) confirmed the speed binned chips for their GLH cards but nobbody knows if Palit does for their top card which is the same speed as the GLH.

Associate
The "base" base ones are sometimes single power, reference boards.

After that they are all the same custom board with dual bios and cooler and its only the guaranteed clock speed which changes

Gainward (Palit is their sister company) confirmed the speed binned chips for their GLH cards but nobbody knows if Palit does for their top card which is the same speed as the GLH.

I think they do, all models share the same speeds. And all reports of GameRock Premium see it going as far as any other binned card.

Not that it matters, 2050 or 2120 is still the same gaming performance :o

Soldato
Id buy the 1070 on TO and save £240(+) for next gpu...1070 is a great fit for 1440p gsync gaming as it is. 1080 as I see it is the current money no problem sli option for 4k till pascal titan drops...

Hell get a mate to buy a second 1070 and you could have sli'd 1070's for £120 more than a 1080!

1070sli will be a much better proposition this gen over 970 sky as well thanks to the big increase in vram (the 3.5+0.5 ram of the 970 was a real stumbling block for 970sli)

Last edited:
Associate
Whats the warranty like with Palit? Tempted to slap on a waterblock but unsure whether that would void the warranty as far as i know only evga allows that...

Back
Top Bottom