• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

Do you have any coil whine on your 1080 or 1070?

• Yes

Votes: 76 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 158 67.5%

• Total voters
Associate
No coil whine. Gainward Pheonix Gtx 1080 GLH. PSU XFX 850W silver

Scratch that. No coil whine on The Division, Firestrike bench, Total War, but I got some shocking whine on Warhammer Deathwatch. Why would a game that barely stretches the legs of the card cause whine when more challenging ones don't? I presumed whine was something that happened after a certain limit was reached when under sufficient load...

Caporegime
OP
Know your meaning well but these polls unfortunately are flawed and wide open to false voting.

You'd probably get a better indication if you count up the actual results posted in the thread greg, I reckon all the figment cards scream like a banshee.

Vice versa.

I think you are spot on here Tommy. I did ask for those who had it, what PSU they used and only 2 or 3 replies but amazingly, 26 people have coil whine on their GPU but didn't bother to respond. Sad really :(

Soldato
1070 FE (direct from NVIDIA)
750W Superflower Leadex Gold

Mild coil whine. Can only hear it if gaming/benching without any audio on, so doesn't affect me at all. Very happy overall.

Soldato
I think you are spot on here Tommy. I did ask for those who had it, what PSU they used and only 2 or 3 replies but amazingly, 26 people have coil whine on their GPU but didn't bother to respond. Sad really :(

We can safely say that several people who don't own a Pascal card posted to just show their hate/jealousy. Probably the same people who were expecting the 480 to be 980ti performance and higher.

Associate
Super Jetstream 1070

No coil whine on either Corsair RM750 or a very old Corsair 450W.

Might be a good idea for guys with whine to post up their refresh rate.

Last edited:
Soldato
No coil whine on my KFA2 blower model powered by a Fractal Design 450w SFX PSU.

Damn good thing too as the case is behind the TV (VR setup) and coil whine would be very apparent.

Back
Top Bottom