• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Simultaneous Multi-Projection use?

Associate
Is Simultaneous Multi-Projection something that a game needs to support or is it a driver option? I have been trying to find out more about it but all I have found is marketing rubbish that it can do it, now how to do it. I hadn't found anything in the driver/control panel for SMP so I guess it is a game supported option, but as of yet I have not found any useful information about getting it to work. Part of the reason I want for the 1080 was for this and can't seem to use it :(

Associate
Hi!

I assume you mean the surround aspect of it which apparently will be called "Perspective Surround".
Yes it needs to be built into the game, displays and angles will be configurable in the control panel. The implementation is supposedly "not very difficult" and API independent.

There is unfortunately no official information about Perspective Surround since the initial presentations and the PC Perspective interview with Tom Petersen. No dates or confirmed games.
So far no comments from developers either except a forum post by Ian Bell (Project Cars) that they are looking at it. I did try to ask some developers about it but no response.

Perspective Surround and the configuration of it still need to be added to the driver so hopefully we will see more once the feature officially launches.

VR:
The VR aspect of it just works without configuration and support is going great. It was recently announced that over 30 games are set to use it for VR and Unreal Engine and Unity will add Simultaneous Multi-Projection support, which in context probably means only VR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom