• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ASUS STRIX 1080 OC UPDATE, WHO WANTS A STRIX GAMER OC INSTEAD? (POLL)

Would you like to change your Strix OC to a Strix Gamer OC?

• YES: I am happy to switch to the Gamer OC or none OC Strix!!

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • NO: I will wait for the Strix OC card, no matter how long it takes!!

Votes: 52 69.3%

• Total voters
OcUK Staff
Hi there

This is the update from Asus:

1080 Strix: 98pc today, 1080 Strix OC customers can switch to this for same price and have their card by tomorrow or Monday.

1080 Strix Gamer OC: This card is overclocked but not quite as much as the original Strix OC, but in gaming performance it will boost to the original quoted OC speeds and higher so real world performance is un-changed. Asus can give us Europes entire allocation on the basis 200 customers are happy to switch over to this card at the same price, SO PLEASE VOTE YES OR NO

1080 Strix OC: There are 33 units in transit to ourselves, but they seem to be in a black hole, hopefully they shall be with us next week, so those who are in the first 33 in the queue, you should wait. Asus could not give a date for further shipments on the OC.

So please vote yes or no if you are happy to switch to the Gamer for same price as you paid for OC. Do not call us yet to action this change, for now just vote, Asus wish to see the amount of people on the forum first. We shall then email all the customers as we suspect a very small percentage of customer for the Asus Strix OC are actually forum members.

We are doing our best to give customers options instead of just having you wait for potentially several more weeks, of course we are also happy for customers to wait if they are happy to do so as we shall honour the original pre-orders no matter how long it takes Asus to ship stock.

Associate
I'm happy to switch to the gamer OC as long as I get a card a lot sooner than I would waiting for the original OC. I'm currently 183Rd in the queue, so if the wait is going to be similar I'll stick where I am.

Associate
I'm 44 down from 56 last week after the latest raft of swaps/cancellations. I'll obviously miss out on being in that missing 33 shipment that one would have to hope will be found and ship by next week which is the best estimate for the gamer cards anyway. Unless the next OC shipment was less than 11 cards and no one else in front of me swapped or cancelled, I'd have to be in the very next OC shipment.

Murphys law of queue swapping dictates that as soon as you switch queues the queue you switched to stops dead and the queue you switched from starts moving

Thus I just know the last week of July more pessimistic estimate for the Gamer cards will prevail if I swap and that had I held firm, the missing 33 OC's would turn up next week as would another 20 or so.

Hence I will follow the maxim,

If in doubt....Do nowt!!

:D

Back
Top Bottom