• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

(ANAND)How old is your primary GPU ?

Associate
I'm slightly surprised how young the results are, though I guess on a tech forum you'll always get younger results than the market as a whole due to interest in the sector. Edit: Though, I guess in general people use laptops and throw them away so maybe less skewed than I'd been assuming. *shrug*

I suspect a handful of forum members will be shocked the other way :p

Last edited:
Soldato
7970, about 4 years old.

I'm really beginning to feel its age, but I've mostly been playing BF3 and Skyrim recently do the performance was fine. Upgrade time now that mid range cards double my performance!

Soldato
1 month (GTX 1080)

Before the GTX 1080 I had two 780ti in SLI which I bought on 27 Nov 2013
And before the 780ti I had two GTX 580 in SLI which I bought on 17 Jan 2011 02:11:00

So I seem to upgrade roughly every 2 1/2 years...(IE about every other Gen)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've had a 980Ti for about one year. Shouldn't be any chance of needing to get anything faster for quite some time yet. I tend to alternate between brands, so the next one probably will be an AMD card - despite me recently buying a g-sync monitor.

Soldato
A GTX 670 2Gb, it serves me. I don't play many video games theses days and when I do I only play counter strike source and Age Of Empires 2 HD so unless it goes wrong I won't be replacing it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom