*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
Worked out why I'm getting that notification. It happens when you have it in "Pro mode".

Ahh might be taking the shots in RAW?

I noticed it does it by default when I tried out Pro mode the other day it did seem slower than usual, then I changed it to JPG and it was fine.

Man of Honour
Been playing with mine all day and have listened to a few things through the headphones and compared to my m9 this thing really does sound very good. The headphones also seem to sound better than my Sennheiser CX300 so pretty decent quality wise I would say.

Really impressed with the whole package so far and don't regret it at all yet, I was in two minds this upgrade more than most as the s7 edge is a good looking phone but I just don't think I could live with touchwiz long term.

Soldato
Had mine since release day its a nice phone but am back on the S7 now. If your a audio hog then it makes sense to use the 10 for its headphones, the speakers are nothing to write home about.

Camera is the let down, its not on par with the S7, again if your a camera person the S7 is the winner, the screen on the S7 is in a different league also.

Soldato
Quick question for the folks with the 10.... does the latest Android/Sense still have the gawd awful notification of boomsound being on the lock screen if you're on headphones and listening?

Soldato
Picked up my htc 10 today off of the sofa to find a crack horizontally from one side to the other, a clean break through the digitizer with no point of failure in it or damage to the bezel at the crack at all. very miffed!

Soldato
Unfortunately it does :mad:
*sigh*
6OWIl75ibpuFO.gif

Man of Honour
It does appear to be. Which is strange as its every bit as good as anything else out there at the moment. Yes the s7 has a slightly better camera but imo it fallls short in other areas where the 10 is better, different strokes, different folks and all that.

Soldato
Really loving the HTC 10 its everything I wanted and more over my HTC One M8.

Sense is better
1440p with an excellent display
Fast, very fast
My battery is great easy last a day.
Audio Wow! Headphones and speakers are miles better than anything I heard on other phones. This alone sells it for me.

Man of Honour
Really loving the HTC 10 its everything I wanted and more over my HTC One M8.

Sense is better
1440p with an excellent display
Fast, very fast
My battery is great easy last a day.
Audio Wow! Headphones and speakers are miles better than anything I heard on other phones. This alone sells it for me.

This basically sums it up for me as well although I have found the battery to be more of a two day affair... :D

Soldato
I'm a chap that changes his device every 3-4 months but I can honestly say that this is the first device in a long time that virtually ticks all the boxes for me. HTC have surpassed themselves with the HTC 10. Sure the S7 has a better camera but this device does everything just right and is a great device overall

Permabanned
Has anyone tried this device with Poweramp?

With all the inbuilt phone sound settings & without?

How does it sound? What's it like compared to the stock music player?

Ta

Associate
Well I got back from holidays on Tuesday to find my 10 had been delivered, the build quality is fantastic, they have nailed this compared previous releases, however I have say I feel very underwhelmed by the phone :( I'm just not feeling the love for the phone and this coming from a person who has has had god knows how many htc's over the last several years.
Maybe having a S6 edge plus for the last 6/7 months has changed my expectations.

I got my 10 from htc directly, I've contacted them on Tue evening requesting a return under DSR as the phone as been with me less than 14 days, I've contacted them again this morning making the same request. Talk about poor CS, all I seem to get is automated responses :mad::mad:

Just to add, I only had the phone in my hand for no more than ten minutes at a time and noticed the back of the case was warmer than I expected, don't tell me htc are heading for another M9 fiasco.

Last edited:
Associate
For me battery hasn't been bad but more average, expected more.

Standby time for the most part is great however.

Liking the phone, even though somehow I have some hairline scratches on the screen its like it scratches very easily :/. Can't really think of doing anything that'll cause it.

Soldato
Has anyone tried this device with Poweramp?
There is an alpha build of Poweramp that takes advantage of the 24bit DAC

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8810-poweramp-alpha-build-703/

My setting are just dolby effect off and audio profile on. But I have flashed Viper audio.

I feel very underwhelmed by the phone
The gift and the curse. HTC have added very little to the software, it's pretty much stock Android. Also one of the reason why I like it so much. Its the fastest phone I've used and dev support for this device should be pretty good.

But not everyone likes to modify their phone and anyone coming from a Samsung could feel the phone is a bit barebones.

Back
Top Bottom