Blackberry Priv

Soldato
I find standby to be absolutely great, the phone can easily last me two full days if I am not doing much on it... If I am using it quite frequently throughout the day then I need to put it on charge at night.

Much better battery than my Z10 was though

Associate
Thanks both - sounds good for Android. I get a full day of heavy use from my Passport, 2 days of normal use, and 3-4 days of light use currently, so that's not as much of a step down as I was afraid of. I think I need to try one out in person before I decide to take the plunge.

Soldato
Yes definitely try one first

It is better than my old Android phone but just not a patch on the BB10 OS. I love having a full selection of apps (and new features like Android Pay) but Android is just so clunky and slow

It's such a shame that BB seem to have left BB10 behind, just like the app developers. It is the best mobile OS in my opinion

Soldato
Enjoy it!

I haven't really noticed much difference at all following the Marshmallow update myself

I did think that battery life has decreased slightly but I got a smart watch at the same time so Bluetooth was switched on permanently rather than only when I was in the car which will reduce the battery life itself

Soldato
Well a few days in and have to say I'm absolutely loving this handset, the keyboard is a breath of fresh air and having a slider phone again feels special, the balance when the keyboard is opened is great and I find the screen excellent. The call quality is also superb, miles better and clearer than the LG G4 its replaced and I'm really impressed with it.

Downsides seem to be the battery life which is average at best, the phone gets quite hot performing the certain tasks but thats not a deal breaker and the camera is not very good but I couldn't give a crap about that tbh.
The one thing that did disappoint me was that a quickcharger wasn't included which I found amazing given the price.

All in all no regrets thus far.

Soldato
Had a security update appear on my sim free version on Friday.
A word of caution though, phone rebooted 4 times in the 1st hour after the update randomly which had me a little concerned but has since been fine since so hopefully everything is fine.

Soldato
Very good isn't it! My update came through last night but to be fair I haven't connected to Wi-Fi from Thursday evening until last night so it might have arrived sooner had I been connected to Wi-Fi sooner

I don't think mine rebooted but left it overnight to update. All seems good this morning though

I also have a SIM free phone

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Phones have really hit a level now, haven't they? I can't see any need to upgrade my priv in any point in the future... If I do, it'll purely be out of want for a new gadget, not because it doesn't meet my needs.

Soldato
Phones have really hit a level now, haven't they? I can't see any need to upgrade my priv in any point in the future... If I do, it'll purely be out of want for a new gadget, not because it doesn't meet my needs.

Yep, don't need anything else out of my handset now. One thing the keeps amazing me with this phone is the call quality, sometimes on my previous handset I used to think I was deaf but with this Priv everything is crystal clear.

Soldato
Updates still rolling out monthly which is really nice to see. It's really nice to be back on a physical keyboard. I hardly ever seem to be using the on-screen keyboard anymore.

DTEK 60 looks nice too.

Shame about the blackberry news in regards to hardware.

Soldato
New Mercury phone looks ok. Not really a fan of the silver forehead at the top, I feel it should be black to match the keyboard.

Just a shame nowhere around me stocks BlackBerry so I won't be able to go and have a gander at it. Very happy with the Priv still.

Soldato
Key2 is a nicely designed phone. Shame it isn’t waterproof, doesn’t have a better cpu and a more advanced screen. If it had all those features it could actually feel like a left field contender.

Permabanned
Key2 is a nicely designed phone. Shame it isn’t waterproof, doesn’t have a better cpu and a more advanced screen. If it had all those features it could actually feel like a left field contender.

Excited about the Key2! Could have done with a stronger processor and a few more tweaks here and there, but still.

Miss my Priv like no other phone I've ever had. I wish they'd make a more up to date iteration, that slide function is something I seriously miss.

Back
Top Bottom