Oppo Find 7 Thread

Soldato
So far as I can see the current price for the M7 from Amazon is £299.99 with a FREE Flash Charger Power Bank, which they are selling on its own for £27.99

This all looks like a pretty good deal to me! :)

Edit:The 7A is £259.99 and also comes with the free charger offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
How are you finding these after living with them for awhile, brother wants to get rid of his iphone 5s and i suggested maybe getting one of these unstead of the usual big brand phones

It's a great phone and the 7 is getting the lollipop update within the next few weeks. I'm yet to find anything that I dislike about the phone. It has a good camera, the stereo speakers are great, they are loud and clear. The screen is fantastic it's very sharp and bright(if you want the brightness up high)

One thing I would recommend is to remove the screen protector off that comes with the phone and buy an after market one. It does the job but gets marked easily.

Associate
I'm considering between this and the Oneplus One. Still can't decide after watching countless comparison videos. My heart is saying the Oppo. However I read about the 3GB limit for apps, and Color OS looks dull.

If I put Cyanogen on it, will that also allow me to repartition the onboard storage space? I'm going for the 32GB so I would have thought that would be more than enough for all my app data.

Associate
Well that was scary. Spent all day yesterday trying to flash TWRP and Cyanogenmod.

Had to use an older TWRP because the latest one has a problem with the resolution and all the buttons are off the screen to the right.

Then I tried flashing Cyanogenmod and other ROMs, and half did not boot, or those that did gave me a flickering white and pink screen. Thought I had bricked my less than 1 day old Oppo!

Then I found the v2.0.8i ColorOS from the Oppo forums and it's been working great since. Strange it has no app drawer, but Nova Launcher Prime fixes that.

Loving the screen sharpness at the moment.

emu

emu

Associate
Picked up a brand new one of these yesterday for 99 pounds.What a great phone for not a lot of money . Quickcharging is excellent

emu

emu

Associate
I've a receipt for the phone.The guy showed me I'd . He's lived in the area 20 years and been selling on gumtree for seven .Not everyone is out to scam people

Soldato
I've a receipt for the phone.The guy showed me I'd . He's lived in the area 20 years and been selling on gumtree for seven .Not everyone is out to scam people

If it's too good to be true...

Hope everything turns out fine and obviously if it does you've got a bargain, but that is a *lot* knocked off the value of such a phone, and the price alone would set alarm bells off in my head, irrespective of the source.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats a brilliant find!
I miss my Oppo Find 7 after moving to a One Plus2 - mostly the quick charge and the screen. But i do agree that support and rom development side is not that good.
Had lot of trouble installing custom roms because of the newer version of the screen.
and my one developed a fault in the notification light - which after contacting Amazon told me that they can only issue a refund and not a replacement.
So got a Op2.

emu

emu

Associate
After using it a while how did I live without quickcharging.I love some of the inbuilt stuff in the colour os Rom as well.Is this the most up-to-date Rom? Audio output and gestures are fantastic as well . It's a weighty beast but it feels nice in the hand . Just registered the phone with oppo they have confirmed it was a warranty replacement two weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom