**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
I strongly advise after a system upgrade (lollipop to Marshmallow). Full wipe and start over. A pain.... absolutely. Gotta be done if you want full benefits. Choice however as with any Droid, user digression. Enjoy.

Caporegime
Out of the blue my battery seems to show promise. I am on 47% but that's because I kept falling asleep to YouTube a couple of hours before waking up. 3 hours SoT, haven't seen stats like this since last year.

Associate
Right....having installed the German MM, i decided that as it was available to install the UK version. That was good.

What is not good is my battery life now. It sucks big time. In just 1 hr of walking from home to work with music playing I have used 13% of the battery in 1hr 11min:eek:

Have installed GSam Battery monitor and this is showing that the phone radio may be the big suspect, but anyway, even before I installed this yesterday, the phone was constantly awake and not deep sleeping.

Any ides on how to sort this out....is getting silly and am thinking of rolling back to L.

Associate
I updated last night on EE to 6.0.1 now every time I restart my phone I have to enter my backup password instead of Finger unlock. Is this just me?

Associate
I updated last night on EE to 6.0.1 now every time I restart my phone I have to enter my backup password instead of Finger unlock. Is this just me?

Nope, not just you - its happened quite a lot to me too since the update. Suspect its a bug.

Associate
every time I restart my phone I have to enter my backup password instead of Finger unlock. Is this just me?

It's one of the security "improvements" of MM.
You'll have to register your fingerprints as normal and then use a 3rd party app to unlock (from off) using a fingerprint.
I'm using this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sp.protector.free and it works.

I'm also using a Dr Ketan's Note4 -> S7 Edge ROM, I'm not sure if that would make any difference to using a 3rd party app for fingerprint unlocking or not.

Associate
I've found a couple of sources for genuine batteries but I don't know what the etiquette is on here for posting links to other suppliers. However it means buying a separate battery charging unit as well as the battery which increases the price.

Associate
that is exactly what I'm considering as well, Big Elf... can you PM me the sources?
I got the one made in korea and assembled in taiwan I think.. where can I get a genuine one?

Associate
that is exactly what I'm considering as well, Big Elf... can you PM me the sources?
I got the one made in korea and assembled in taiwan I think.. where can I get a genuine one?

It looks as though PMs are disabled on this forum.

Edit: I've checked the FAQs and it doesn't look like I can post links to either site that sells the batteries, sorry.

Check your PMs at the overclock.net forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom