Google Android Beta Program - Android N

Soldato
I'm tempted, but I don't think im ready to jump into the Alpha,

Here are a list of known issues with N already that i gracefully ripped from wccftech.
Voicemail playback does not work.
Settings controls and toggles may be slow or appear to be unresponsive.
In the Gmail app, direct archiving of emails included in a notification bundle does not work properly.
Bluetooth pairing between keyboards and Android devices may be unstable.
Video playback may lag and show interruptions.
NFC doesn’t function until first unlock.
Under some circumstances, the default ringtone may not sound for phone calls and messages.
Apps may experience crashes and unexpected UI behavior when put into split-screen mode.
When an app targets a version of the Android platform earlier than N, the App may not work with split-screen toast may appear multiple times.
Apps may flicker while resizing.
Video playback, app compatibility and stability issues are expected on Nexus Player in this release of the Preview.
Multi-window resizing may cause crashing in Pixel C.

Here is the release structure too, Final release around Q3. I might Jump in on the beta around May time.

aT4wbpw.png

Associate
As soon as I seen that link I instantly went for it, but if voice mail isn't working that might be a problem.
If you leave the Beta BEFORE upgrading your device it doesn't get wiped right, just if you have upgraded to N...?

Man of Honour
OP
As soon as I seen that link I instantly went for it, but if voice mail isn't working that might be a problem.
If you leave the Beta BEFORE upgrading your device it doesn't get wiped right, just if you have upgraded to N...?

This is what happens:

How can I return to a public Android release?

On this page, find the device you want to opt-out and click "Unenroll device". Soon afterwards your device will be sent an OTA update that will wipe all user data and install the latest stable public version of Android. Please back up all your data before opting out. Any data not backed up will be lost.

Soldato
No developer preview for my trusty Nexus 5, kinda understandable but sad times nonetheless :( :p

Planning to get the next Nexus at the end of the year so doesn't really change much, just don't get a chance to try N early, decide it's full of bugs as expected and roll back :D

Back
Top Bottom