are there any decent Android docking stations?

Associate
by decent i mean by actual brands like Phillips or Sony etc, not the cheap iluv or gear brands.

the only ones i can find are phillips and they have been discontinued. they are pretty pricey and quite big aswell. regardless though they are not for sale anymore.

i would really like something along the lines of - Sony ICFCS15IP. had 3 different versions of this for my iphones. really good dab radio on them aswell.

Caporegime
Unfortunately this market has never really taken off as there is no 'standard' for Android phones that would allow a consistent docking ability. The size, shape, connector, and even location of the connector varies wildly across all Android phones, so unlike Apple, there simply aren't any speaker docks available.

Your better off looking for either a Bluetooth speaker or something you can connect your phone with over a cable.

Associate
OP
I found one on the auction site.

I am really looking for mini usb as that's what my Samsung s6 has. I did search mini usb but that showed 0 results. Android actually showed some results but mostly discontinued.

Aren't most Android phones now using mini usb connectors? And most the brands like Sony Samsung etc all make docks I'm sure just not for there phones lol.

I wanted somewhere to plug my phone into of a night that I could use to play music from my phone when needed as well as charge it and increase my alarm volume. Hopefully the one I bought can do this.

Soldato
mini usb is the one used for playstation 3 controllers and older tech.

phones now use micro usb (Including your samsung s6), and "new" phones use usb-c

Hope that helps! :)

Man of Honour
any reason you want a physical dock, rather than a speaker that has nfc and wireless charging.
pretty sure s6 supports both.

Associate
OP
The only reason I want a dock is so I can loose the wire from my charger and have my music play over the speaker while charging. The one I got only has Bluetooth but it turns it on and connects when I dock the phone... Strange I know.

Yea I know it's micro usb. Searches pretty much bring up the same results though... 0

Soldato
Just use something like the Samsung wireless charger stand and then you can pair it to any Bluetooth speaker you want..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Qu...d=1463904424&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+wireless

This is how my s7 edge is setup and pairs with my sony Bluetooth alarm clock (My S7 wireless charger is placed in front of my sony Bluetooth alarm clock on my bed side cabinet ;))
This is the Sony Bluetooth alarm clock am using https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ICF-C...70&sr=1-3&keywords=sony+bluetooth+alarm+clock

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom