Going from normal SIM to Micro SIM - HTC One X

Soldato
OP
You can get a special hole punch device that can trim your sim card with precision. It depends on which sim card you currently have. Also you can get adapters to convert a micro sim into a normal sim (basically a jacket for the sim card). If your on o2 go into the store and they'll do it for you (ttansfer contacts, not cut the sim)

Yeah I'm on O2

Problem is that I can't keep my BB and the HTC. The HTC is a replacement so they're taking the BB back when they deliver the HTC to my house

Can I just take my SIM card (regular one) into the O2 shop and ask them to transfer my contacts to a micro-SIM with my current mobile number on it?

Soldato
OP
Right I've now got it syncing with google sync without that error (by disabling calendar sync) but it still only syncs 13 out of 73 contacts

Like I said it seems to have synced the contacts I have added AFTER I got my BB and the other ones that were on the SIM before don't sync

Anyone got any ideas??

Caporegime
Google contacts is generally the best way to go about this sort of thing, however, I'm not sure if you can create Google contacts on the 9900.

I know you can download Google contacts to it so maybe look into that. If you can get them uploaded to there, they'll all appear when you put your gmail address into your new Android phone.

This may be useful: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

This is the way i do it..use the google synch app on my BB 9900 so that synchs across all my devices ie my iphone4 and my HTC One X.

And it does work with Android as when i logged into google on my One X...my contacts were synched across;).

Caporegime
Right I've now got it syncing with google sync without that error (by disabling calendar sync) but it still only syncs 13 out of 73 contacts

Like I said it seems to have synced the contacts I have added AFTER I got my BB and the other ones that were on the SIM before don't sync

Anyone got any ideas??

Transfer your contacts from the sim card to your phone;)...it should work then.

Soldato
OP
This is the way i do it..use the google synch app on my BB 9900 so that synchs across all my devices ie my iphone4 and my HTC One X.

And it does work with Android as when i logged into google on my One X...my contacts were synched across;).

Sounds great then ... if I can get it working properly :p

Transfer your contacts from the sim card to your phone;)...it should work then.

On my BB, I went to 'Contacts', went onto 'SIM Phone Book', clicked 'Copy all to contacts', ran google sync again and I now have 27 contacts, but still don't have all of my contacts (73)

This is really annoying as it will be great once I've got it working lol

Am I still doing something wrong?

Soldato
USB SIM Card Manager

eatures
• Explore all information from your SIM Card.
• Read phonebook telephone numbers and names from SIM card and back up in PC.
• Edit name/numbers in computer and write back into SIM card.
• Add international prefixes to all phone numbers (ideal for foreign travel).
• Import & Export Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes contacts to and from your phone.

Then get a micro sim to sim adapter to reload the contacts onto your new micro sim
Costs about a tenner :)

Associate
If all your contacts are on the SIM, then do NOT cut it down to size. It's not worth the risk.

Where did you buy the phone from by the way? If it's from a CPW, some stores have a Cellebrite data transfer machine that will allow you to transfer from a SIM to a handset directly, even your Google account if you want. If you bought it from them only recently, they should offer this data transfer service free as part of Walk Out Working. I do this all the time for my clients at work who are moving to an iPhone 4/4S and are coming from a normal sized SIM handset.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
USB SIM Card Manager

eatures
• Explore all information from your SIM Card.
• Read phonebook telephone numbers and names from SIM card and back up in PC.
• Edit name/numbers in computer and write back into SIM card.
• Add international prefixes to all phone numbers (ideal for foreign travel).
• Import & Export Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes contacts to and from your phone.

Then get a micro sim to sim adapter to reload the contacts onto your new micro sim
Costs about a tenner :)

This sounds good however if I can get the O2 store to do it for me for free then that would be even better of course. Plus my phone is probably coming Wednesday (will find out later today) and I want it up and running ASAP and I'm not sure if this will come on time

If all your contacts are on the SIM, then do NOT cut it down to size. It's not worth the risk.

Where did you buy the phone from by the way? If it's from a CPW, some stores have a Cellebrite data transfer machine that will allow you to transfer from a SIM to a handset directly, even your Google account if you want. If you bought it from them only recently, they should offer this data transfer service free as part of Walk Out Working. I do this all the time for my clients at work who are moving to an iPhone 4/4S and are coming from a normal sized SIM handset.

Yeah I am very wary of cutting the sim as it could all go terribly wrong! I don't think I'll be cutting it no matter how easy people are saying it is, like you say it just isn't worth it

I did not get it from CPW, got it from O2.

Going to ring them later and see what they say as I also need to speak to them about having my current number transferred to the micro SIM :)

Soldato
OP
Just spoke to O2 and they said that they can send a blank micro-SIM with the phone

So when I get it, it comes in a credit card style piece of plastic like a normal sim, so I pop the normal sized sim part out, put it in an old phone (that I have all my numbers on), copy all the numbers to the sim

Then take it out, pop out the center part to turn it into a micro sim then put it in my HTC

Thanks for all your help :D

Soldato
Are you/they sure?
I know that sims generally come in a credit card size with a pop out but never heard of one that was both full sim to micro sim:confused:
edit:) Well i learned some thing new today,they do indeed make these adapters:p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Are you/they sure?
I know that sims generally come in a credit card size with a pop out but never heard of one that was both full sim to micro sim:confused:

Yeah that's what the guy on the phone said anyway

If the full sim then pop out to micro sim doesn't work, and it is just a micro sim, he said they can send me one of these adaptors for free to, might ask for one anyway for future use :)

Gav

Gav

Associate
Are you/they sure?

microSIM.png

Back
Top Bottom