Soldato
Unfortunately my friend I think you are a little confused

Gratuitous pimping of my Megabusa

Purchased April 08 registered April 09

IMG_0275.jpg

There is a thread on here about it

I like that a LOT!

Associate
Well My RX-8 bleeps at me when I hit 8.5/9, but the things still slugish, too heavy but hey this is abouts revs and its nice seeing double figures on the dash even if it doesn't do it.

Soldato
Caterham RST-V8. Limited to 10,250 RPM in road spec, 12,500 RPM in race spec. Not a bike engine as such, though it does use Yamaha cylinder heads.

Can you remember the thread in here ages ago about some company that was making block/crank assemblies that allowed you to cannibalise 2 bike engines to make an ultra light and small capacity V8?
The demo engines reved well over 10k IIRC.

Soldato
The RST started out as two Yamaha EXUP engines, but is now a bespoke bottom end, and they are supposedly developing a bespoke cylinder head for it as well.

Cyclone Power Ltd produce (or at least used to,their web site is dead) the Y40R, a V8 based on two YZF1000 EXUP.

Powertech Engineering make the RPA V8, which is based on two Hayabusa engines.

I don't recall any manufacturer making a kit to allow you to assemble you own engine though.

Soldato
My brothers 2008 M3 convertible, tuned to 360bhp with a full ceramic exhaust revved to around 8500 if im not mistaken...im pretty sure we hit the limiter on more than one ocassion while he was making me crap my shorts last summer while visiting him in Canada:p.

A 2008 would be the latest version E93, with 414bhp as standard :confused:

redline on the E90/E92/E93 M3 is 8400rpm and the M5 was 8250rpm as previously mentioned.

There surely has to be some ferrari engines that rev really high?

managed to get my old S14a 200sx up to about 11000rpm once. was coming on to motorway down the slip road through the gears, just about to touch the limiter in 3rd, so went for fourth, but got second! It went in fine but then i got the almighty noise from the engine and quickly realised what i had done and ripped it out of gear! drove carefully for the rest of the journey but had no problems at all afterwards. :)

Soldato
Yep, if we're talking about all road production cars, most Ferraris and Lambos rev (well, redline) to 8500rpm

My Tamiya Subaru is in production and is a road car :p That revs to 18k rpm :o

Associate
A 2008 would be the latest version E93, with 414bhp as standard :confused:

redline on the E90/E92/E93 M3 is 8400rpm and the M5 was 8250rpm as previously mentioned.

There surely has to be some ferrari engines that rev really high?

managed to get my old S14a 200sx up to about 11000rpm once. was coming on to motorway down the slip road through the gears, just about to touch the limiter in 3rd, so went for fourth, but got second! It went in fine but then i got the almighty noise from the engine and quickly realised what i had done and ripped it out of gear! drove carefully for the rest of the journey but had no problems at all afterwards. :)

The V8 in the 430 redlines at 8.5k, not REALLY that amazing anymore considering the M3's can hit 8500. Not sure about the V12 in the 599 or Enzo, I would have thought it can't be much higher than 9k?

Associate
On another note...am I seeing this right?

05-veyron-dials-det.jpg

Veyron redlines at 6.5k? I know it has 4 Turbo's but how the hell do you produce 1000 horse power without the extra 2k in revs that most performance cars squeeze out? That's where horsepower comes from?!?

Soldato
On another note...am I seeing this right?

05-veyron-dials-det.jpg

Veyron redlines at 6.5k? I know it has 4 Turbo's but how the hell do you produce 1000 horse power without the extra 2k in revs that most performance cars squeeze out? That's where horsepower comes from?!?

Not with FI it doesn't. Turbos are useless past a certain RPM as they cant spin fast enough and "puff out".

Back
Top Bottom