Places to visit near Exmouth ?

Soldato
Hi,

Going down to Exmouth in a few weeks with the g/f for a week. Just wondering what places you guys reccomend we should see when we're down there ?

Never been to Devon before, so any reccomendations. Oh things like go pubs lunches / beaches etc ?

Thanks

Soldato
Do you drive because if you dont you will be quite bored.

Theres not really much to see/do in Exmouth its selfl! But there are a few nice surrounding villages if you drive.
The donkey sanctuary is always worth a visit, Paignton zoo, Exeter

Exmouth beach is ok nothing really to note, Budleigh Salterton's imo has a much better view if you don't mind pebbles, Sidmouth's is ok but will be full of OAP's, you can still see the stranded ship at Branscombe.

Were abouts are you staying?

Soldato
OP
Yeah we drive, so happy to go to place, an hour or two won't be so bad. Acutally staying in Devon cliffs as managed to get really cheap accommodation.

Thanks for the suggestions so far will look into it.

Man of Honour
If you're willing to drive as above, that opens things up more. 2 hours will get you to the Eden project if you fancy it, which is well worth a day trip IMO. an hour gets you to Plymouth, well into Dartmoor or heading towards north devon. Diggerland is just up the M5 at cullompton and is a great laugh, they've also just opened a go ape near exeter somewhere which is supposed to be great fun.

Torbay (torquay, Paignton, Brixham) is quite nice and closer as well.

Soldato
Yeah we drive, so happy to go to place, an hour or two won't be so bad. Acutally staying in Devon cliffs as managed to get really cheap accommodation.

Thanks for the suggestions so far will look into it.

You unfortunate soul :)
The beach there is actually really nice, there is a restaurant/bar over looking the beach that has a great view! you will do well if the weather is good. There's also the World of country life at the entrance to the park.

Associate
Devon Cliffs :D I got sacked from there when I was a teen when the boss caught me sunbathing on the beach when I should have been Hi-de-Hi'ing

Back
Top Bottom