Spec me a laptop

Associate
I am looking for a new laptop I am looking to spend £500 with at least a 15.6'' screen and i5 CPU or AMD equivalent.

I am going to use it for work and multimedia YouTube music etc.. should have good battery life.

I don't mind spending a few quid extra if it is good.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
some that I have found.

1.Asus-x556ub

•Intel Core i7-5500U 2.4GHz
•8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
•15.6 HD LED Display
•Webcam + Bluetooth
•Windows 10 Home 64

£500

2.Asus-x555la

•Intel Core i7-5500U 2.4GHz
•8GB RAM + 1TB HDD
•15.6 HD LED Display
•Webcam + Bluetooth
•Windows 10 Home 64

£500

** No Competitors **

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Which laptop

So I'm deciding between two laptops.

Acer Aspire V5-691G

Asus K510UB

The Acer is £679 Acer Aspire V5-591G Intel Core I5-6300HQ 8GB 1TB Nvidia Geforce GTX950M 2GB DVD-RW 15.6 Inch Windows10

The Asus is £579 Asus K501UB Core I5-6200U 8GB 1TB + 16GB SSD Geforce GT940M 15.6 Inch Windows 10

Price & Spec-wise I would probably go for the Acer, though the ASUS will be arguably better built.

Why have you started yet another thread on this? Could you not just continue one of your older threads?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18739399 - You did not even bother acknowledging or replying to me in that one...

Mod edit - thread deleted - RJC

Finally:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18739890 - Though to be fair that is more on screen res so I'll let that slide.

Associate
OP
I have had Acer in the past and the battery life has been rubbish.

I really want be doing much gaming on it if any I just need something fast and reliable.

I figure that having a dedicated graphics chip will not slow it down and it has its own memory.

What do you think? Or should I go for somthing with on board graphics, if so what would you recommend?

What sort of games would you play when you do? The latest and greatest shooter? If so you'll need a dedicated graphics card. The Asus looks good from what you've posted.

If you aren't a heavy gamer on the move then I'm quite partial to Lenovo myself, the X260 looks nice, being a 12.5 Inch laptop with Intel HD graphics. I own an X230 myself and it does what I need it to. It can even be used for the odd game of World of Tanks. The battery life for mine is around 6 hours, I believe the newer model boats higher than that.

It all comes down to how you are going to use it.

Associate
OP
The Acer bad a quad core processor where as the Asus has a dual core will will this make a big difference?

Also the Asus comes with a 16GB SSD combo drive and the Acer not. So based on this which would perform better.

The Acer bad a quad core processor where as the Asus has a dual core will will this make a big difference?

Also the Asus comes with a 16GB SSD combo drive and the Acer not. So based on this which would perform better.

The Acer will perform better overall, though loading times will be faster on the ASUS. The dual-core processor still has hyperthreading so will pretend to have 4 cores.

Associate
OP
So I've received the Asus laptop it is pretty quick after setup and installing updates.

Although now I am thinking I may return it as I have just realised the Acer one I was looking at has a touchscreen and and 4 speakers.

Back
Top Bottom