Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi Atom - Not Ireland but an Island ;) (jersey) but good memory.
Yeah had massive fun with customs last time and took Bailey and I many weeks of chasing various government departments to get the return processed.

A swap would be awesome - I'm actually heading over to the UK for a grand tour tomorrow which will by coincidence be around OCUK from end of next week. If it makes sense I could call into OCUK save shipping hassles?

Thanks again
Ads

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom - Not Ireland but an Island ;) (jersey) but good memory.
Yeah had massive fun with customs last time and took Bailey and I many weeks of chasing various government departments to get the return processed.

A swap would be awesome - I'm actually heading over to the UK for a grand tour tomorrow which will by coincidence be around OCUK from end of next week. If it makes sense I could call into OCUK save shipping hassles?

Thanks again
Ads

Ahhh yes Jersey sorry,,,

I have replied to email from Bailey with you on cc, and yes please visit OcUK and exchange directly with them

Please endeavour to return unit in original packaging etc.

Thanks and sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Hi folks, well I bought my X3 v5-CF2 in March and had no problems at all until last week. Well one small one, the left click on the touch pad is very insensitive (requires a lot of force to register a click). I decided to ignore that one because it ain't worth shipping a laptop back for something I could just use a mouse with.

However last week at least one of the 2 NVMe drives failed in the device. I opened it up just to have a look and make sure it hadn't come loose, but both were securely fastened from what I could tell. Because the drives are raid 0, I'm without a laptop now so I'll need to send it back for some pros to look at! What would be the fastest way to do that? I tried contacting Aorus directly here but after 48 hours haven't received a response from them.

Thanks
Dan

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi folks, well I bought my X3 v5-CF2 in March and had no problems at all until last week. Well one small one, the left click on the touch pad is very insensitive (requires a lot of force to register a click). I decided to ignore that one because it ain't worth shipping a laptop back for something I could just use a mouse with.

However last week at least one of the 2 NVMe drives failed in the device. I opened it up just to have a look and make sure it hadn't come loose, but both were securely fastened from what I could tell. Because the drives are raid 0, I'm without a laptop now so I'll need to send it back for some pros to look at! What would be the fastest way to do that? I tried contacting Aorus directly here but after 48 hours haven't received a response from them.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear of the problem, fastest way for analysis and warranty repair would be to contact our service partner:

Address: MendIT Ltd Crown House Bridgewater Close Burnley Lancashire England BB11 5TE
Technical Support: 08442449999
Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I've got an Aorus X7 Pro -V5. I've just done a complete clean install and I've been having problems with the laptop waking from sleep or starting when powering on. The issue is it takes about 10 minutes to boot and often needs to be turned on and off again several times before actually getting back into windows (8.3), aorus and bios drivers are up to date as well. I never had any issues with this before the clean install, any ideas what might be causing this issue??

Thanks

Soldato
My AORUS is literally falling apart.

2 screws have "fallen" out in the last 2 days and I don't have a bit that fits them

Strange.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
A short one from the front RHS edge and a longer one from the rear.. Yep Torx. They were sat on my desk when I moved my laptop..

Strange indeed.

If you want to return to service centre for them to examine / repair, then contact them directly:

Technical Support: 08442449999
Email: [email protected]

Let us know how you get on or if you need anything,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks Atom

It's not a issue I'll just get Torx bit and refit. Just a bit odd.

Don't suppose you know the size do you

mattyg - just checking with service team now.....

M2.5x5L And M2.5x9L (screws, 2 different lengths) - a "T6" screwdriver bit required.

Hope that helps,

Atom80

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Atom

Apart from that the laptop has been faultless. Well that and the wife ripping part of the emblem off the lid whilst taking out of the backpack.

Associate
Command & Control Won't Run

Hello fellow Aorus owners, I've just joined the Overclockers forum even after being a customer for many years now. I am also recently the proud owner of an X7 Pro v5 and I must say, it has been all that I hoped for. I travel the world and always preferred gaming laptops. Flight sims need as much power as possible and this beauty is most definitely my best yet. The point to my post is one of asking the community for help regarding the Command & Control centre. For some reason, the C&C just stopped working and refused to launch at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed it, updated to latest version for my model but it just won't run.
I then thought I'd try downloading one from one of the other models and the one from the X7DT which is v2.5.9 and this actually worked for a couple of times and then suddenly stopped launching. I didn't know what else to try so I thought I'd remove all traces of the C&C and then installed v2.0.0 which would run without any issues. I then installed v2.1.2 and this too runs without any issues. However, if I install any version higher, I'm back to the software refusing to launch so I end up going back to v 2.1.2. Unfortunately, this version doesn't have the extended Fan control which is something I would like to get back. Have any other Aorus owners suffered this issue and if so, have you found a fix for it.
Hopefully one of the clever guys here might help an old chap fix this little issue.
I am running Win10 with the x7 pro v5 specs although I swapped out the mechanical drive for an SSD.
Appreciate any help
Regards, Nigel

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello fellow Aorus owners, I've just joined the Overclockers forum even after being a customer for many years now. I am also recently the proud owner of an X7 Pro v5 and I must say, it has been all that I hoped for. I travel the world and always preferred gaming laptops. Flight sims need as much power as possible and this beauty is most definitely my best yet. The point to my post is one of asking the community for help regarding the Command & Control centre. For some reason, the C&C just stopped working and refused to launch at all. I have uninstalled and re-installed it, updated to latest version for my model but it just won't run.
I then thought I'd try downloading one from one of the other models and the one from the X7DT which is v2.5.9 and this actually worked for a couple of times and then suddenly stopped launching. I didn't know what else to try so I thought I'd remove all traces of the C&C and then installed v2.0.0 which would run without any issues. I then installed v2.1.2 and this too runs without any issues. However, if I install any version higher, I'm back to the software refusing to launch so I end up going back to v 2.1.2. Unfortunately, this version doesn't have the extended Fan control which is something I would like to get back. Have any other Aorus owners suffered this issue and if so, have you found a fix for it.
Hopefully one of the clever guys here might help an old chap fix this little issue.
I am running Win10 with the x7 pro v5 specs although I swapped out the mechanical drive for an SSD.
Appreciate any help
Regards, Nigel

Hi nbillo,

We have feedback your enquiry to HQ to seek guidance for you. Glad the machine is "all you hoped for" :)

We will post with response from HQ as soon as it comes through.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Looks like the new Aorus machines have been added to OCUK this morning.

The 120hz WQHD X7 v6 looks lovely!

Any idea on an ETA? I've seen Sep 26th mentioned from other sources.

Hi Spike_UK,

We aim to deliver product as quickly as possible, the ETA you mention is airing on the side of caution.

OcUK will receive goods on our first wave delivery.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Spike_UK,

We aim to deliver product as quickly as possible, the ETA you mention is airing on the side of caution.

OcUK will receive goods on our first wave delivery.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Lovely stuff. I've got a 21 hour flight coming up on Sept 12th. Tempted to get myself a new toy to make the flight less boring if the stock arrives in time.

Back
Top Bottom