When are the new top-end MSI/Asus laptops going to show?

Associate
You are right, there is nothing yet. It's most frustrating.

Computex had little in the way of announcements and that was June, then they said no dedicated 1070m or 1080m cards that desktop cards would be suitable, but no more news since the end of June.

Given that there is no dedicated card it's hard to filter out news about the full desktop kit in searches. I do hope it's not as you suggest philstanbridge and cooling isn't an issue in these sleeker, thinner designs manufactures are going for these days.

Art

Art

Associate
The only model I've seen with an estimated release date is the Asus ROG G752VS which has a 1070 and is meant to land in mid-August. I've not heard about anything else. If the Pascal GPUs are taking so long I wonder how many manufacturers are just going to wait to combine them with Kaby Lake which is supposedly going to ship around December.

Given that there is no dedicated card

If I remember right a few leaks suggest that the 1060"m" is physically identical to the desktop 1060 but at a lower clock, whereas the 1080"m" did seem to be a cut down chip.

Last edited:
Associate
Kaby Lake while undoubtedly offering better features is going to delay things even more, probably Q1 2017 until there is a good selection of models actually available at retail that have been reviewed.

Associate
It's very frustrating. Especially as 970M/980M models are still retailing at near-enough full price and with increasingly limited availability, with no alternative on the horizon yet. August I can deal with, but 2017 is still a long way off!

Associate
All true about the current 980 machines.
IF I knew it would be 2017 I'd be tempted to get something now if a deal was attractive, but I travel extensively and wanted to see slimmer and more power efficient designs with the pascal architecture. Some of the 980 models are either very thick chassis or very warm

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
All true about the current 980 machines.
IF I knew it would be 2017 I'd be tempted to get something now if a deal was attractive, but I travel extensively and wanted to see slimmer and more power efficient designs with the pascal architecture. Some of the 980 models are either very thick chassis or very warm

A couple of genuine tempters, in very slim chassis, ideal powerhouse travel companions :)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...tx980m-8gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-054-gi.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...x-980m-8gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-068-gi.html

:D:cool::D:cool::D:eek:

there are no more in the market, or coming into the market.... last 4 units ;)

Associate
I'm having to put up with a ASUS X555LA i3 4005u, I do have enough put aside now for a decent i7 970m gaming laptop, but with the 1070 & 1080 hopefully just around the corner just going to keep saving until they show up.

Back
Top Bottom