Single Click Trackpads

Associate
I don't know if there is a proper name for these, but perhaps it should be ***knuggets. There seems to be no escape from them and they seem to be Apple's fault. My question is, are there ways to improve them and are there laptop manufacturers who still offer actual separate buttons on their trackpads? (other thank Lenovo that has gone for a weird mix and match affair).

Edit - Just found out that they're called 'rocker style'. I'm still going with my original.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just checked the Asus website, they don't seem to do separate buttons any more.

The only laptops I could find were some Thinkpads and Dell Latitude (which are all pathetically low spec).

Another plus point of Thinkpads, they enforce Windows downgrade rights and will install Windows 7 for you which otherwise is near impossible!

Soldato
I don't mind them. It is convenient to be able to press the pad rather than the button. The issue is remembering to do it rather than accidentally triggering the right button click when I press the single button at the bottom instead by accident. This is on my Mac from work.

My home laptop is an Alienware and that has no clicking trackpad but two nice buttons. I'm more accustom to this so I find it easy to use.

Associate
it seems like a lose lose either way for laptop manufacturers, Cant make everyone happy. Elitebook, IMB, Lenovo users who are used to having a right and left click at the top of their trackpad had to sacrifice for a smaller trackpad surface... people complain trackpads are too small with separate right and left click buttons and can slow you down when typing and highlighting a lot so having the single click trackpads seems best for productivity plus giving a bigger trackpad surface so I think im with the change to the single click pads on this one.

Back
Top Bottom