MSI GT72 seized hinge, what to do?

Associate
Hi All,

I got my GT72 as Ocuk B grade back in November last year. Today the right lid hinge seized, when I open the notebook it made a cracking sound and struggled to open. As a B grade I only got 90 days warranty, however this appears to be an infrequent fault in GT70 and GT72's.

What can I do?

TIA.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi All,

I got my GT72 as Ocuk B grade back in November last year. Today the right lid hinge seized, when I open the notebook it made a cracking sound and struggled to open. As a B grade I only got 90 days warranty, however this appears to be an inherrent fault in GT70 and GT72's.

What can I do?

TIA.

Hi there.

Regardless of whether you bought this as B Grade or not you will be covered by our warranty. GT70 / GT72 is one of our premium models and it's fair to say that looking at number of units sold compared to RMA, it is not an inherent problem.

First port of call is email [email protected] with your proof of purchase, serial number and a description of the problem. Turnoaround will be around 8-10 working days as a maximum from when the laptop is collected by our courier or sent back to us.

Any problems, feel free to contact me in this thread or via trust message

Associate
OP
Hi Loki,

Thanks for the reply. I did a google search about the problem and a few results turned up with similar issues. I have amended my original post (was written when I found the issue so was emotional charged).

I'll pop an email to uksupport and see what they have to say.

Cheers.

Associate
Hi there.

Regardless of whether you bought this as B Grade or not you will be covered by our warranty. GT70 / GT72 is one of our premium models and it's fair to say that looking at number of units sold compared to RMA, it is not an inherent problem.

First port of call is email [email protected] with your proof of purchase, serial number and a description of the problem. Turnoaround will be around 8-10 working days as a maximum from when the laptop is collected by our courier or sent back to us.

Any problems, feel free to contact me in this thread or via trust message

Big thumbs up on the information Loki. I have always rated your CS (MSI) highly and this confirms this. Gives other potential buyers piece of mind.

Back
Top Bottom