COMING SOON - AERO 14 - Performance Ultrabook

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Personally only really like the look of it in black. The orange one does not look too bad and I hate the green one.

What sort of prices are these going for?

Thanks - we have chosen black for the UK market :) but during Computex found a lot of people really liked the coloured versions.

We will have 2 specs:

14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 970M 3GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs - RRP £1,499

14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 970M 3GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs - RRP £1,399

Both have 2 x M.2 bays and can therefore take additional SSD.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Very interested, I was all set on the XPS 9550 but this is making me think twice. Shame its quite a bit more than the Dell.

Hi Biz.Kid09,

Not sure on the exact model you are looking at from Dell, but we think their model uses Ultra Low Voltage processor, not full blown i7 as in ours, and for the comparable price seems the Dell only uses integrated graphics not a GTX970M....

We haven't dug deep, just what we see in a couple of e-tailers, hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Caporegime
Hi Biz.Kid09,

Not sure on the exact model you are looking at from Dell, but we think their model uses Ultra Low Voltage processor, not full blown i7 as in ours, and for the comparable price seems the Dell only uses integrated graphics not a GTX970M....

We haven't dug deep, just what we see in a couple of e-tailers, hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

The Dell he mentioned has the same 6700HQ and a GTX960M. :)

Aero 14:

14" QHD (1440P)
i7 6700HQ
16GB DDR4
512GB SSD
3GB GTX970M
£1499

XPS 9550:

15.6" 4K (2160P)
i7 6700HQ
16GB DDR4
512GB SSD
2GB GTX960M
£1528

I'd take the Gigabyte myself! :)

Although I seriously question the point of QHD on a 14" screen (though not as much as I question 4K on a 15.6" screen DELL!). 1080P would be the perfect resolution for a screen that small, I don't see the point of going nuts because all it will achieve is making loads of programs completely un-usable unless you change the Windows resolution! I have issues like that with my 28" screen at 2160P.

Last edited:
Associate
I like the colour choices - and id probably go for something other than black.

What is the heat/noise like on these when gaming? - they look a bit thin and I want to get something that isn't too noisy. I could live quite happily with it being a good centimetre thicker if had a bulkier cooler in it.

Will these be updated with the new GTX 1070/1080 versions?

Soldato
Personally only really like the look of it in black. The orange one does not look too bad and I hate the green one.

What sort of prices are these going for?

Same views on the colours as Mr Insanity. Although the green looks slightly better in review shots than on your webpage. How soon is soon btw? I'm looking to buy within the next month and this is the ballpark price and performance I require. one review is stating it will be out mid june in the US?

Will these be updated with the new GTX 1070/1080 versions?

Also echo this question in hope :)

Art

Art

Associate
Thunderbolt 3 is compatible with USB 3 + 3.1 isn't it? You'd just need a Thunderbolt 3 to USB cable.

Right, but they can't do the things that TB3 can, e.g. run monitors off them or use external graphics cards. USB3/3.1 is just a faster version of USB, TB3 actually does other things.

Soldato
I'd imagine if you're going to run monitors off it though you would use the HDMI or DP provided, which are vastly more popular monitor connections? At a guess they would rather have those instead of a T3 port which isn't anywhere near as popular outside of apple products, which gigabyte obviously aren't catering towards.

Art

Art

Associate
I'd imagine if you're going to run monitors off it though you would use the HDMI or DP provided, which are vastly more popular monitor connections? At a guess they would rather have those instead of a T3 port which isn't anywhere near as popular outside of apple products, which gigabyte obviously aren't catering towards.

For monitors sure, actually needing TB3 over DP would be uncommon, but it's nice to have the option, especially when the same port will work with external graphics adaptors etc. I agree that there aren't a huge number of things you *need* TB3 for, but when you're paying £1,400+ I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a little flexibility and futureproofing, especially when competitors like MSI seem to have it in machines of similar spec and price.

Soldato
Hi Biz.Kid09,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team
Hi,

Yeah its the 6700hq but with 960m often with 16gb/512gb ssd, they often pop up on the Dell Outlet and I know its difficult to compare refurb/used with these brand new ones. So it makes my post a bit dumb.

Will wait to see reviews on the Aero before i decide!

Back
Top Bottom