COMING SOON - AERO 14 - Performance Ultrabook

Associate
Hi shiek,

The AERO14 at OcUK has UK keyboard layout,

"qwerty", layout

I spoke to French colleague to see if French keyboard was same as Swiss, but apparently not.

I am sure UK layout would be OK for you :)

Are you living in UK or actually in Switzerland?

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hey Atom,

Thanks for that super fast reply.

I actually live in Switzerland and we have qwertz-Layout. Maybe I am just gonna exchange the y with the z, then its basically the same.

Just hopping the ocuk-shop delivers to switzerland. ;)

Grettings,
shiek

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hey Atom,

Thanks for that super fast reply.

I actually live in Switzerland and we have qwertz-Layout. Maybe I am just gonna exchange the y with the z, then its basically the same.

Just hopping the ocuk-shop delivers to switzerland. ;)

Grettings,
shiek

Hi shiek,

We have just checked with OcUK and you will be delighted to know that they can ship good to Switzerland :)

Great news.

Any question, let us know and we will endeavour to assist.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Hi shiek,

We have just checked with OcUK and you will be delighted to know that they can ship good to Switzerland :)

Great news.

Any question, let us know and we will endeavour to assist.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hi Atom, ive noticed the Aero 14 isn't available on OCUK anymore? Will it come back any time soon??

I have my heart set on this laptop now for university in September.. Whats with the shutdown on the site? Its not listed as out of stock but literally "Not available anymore"

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hi Atom, ive noticed the Aero 14 isn't available on OCUK anymore? Will it come back any time soon??

I have my heart set on this laptop now for university in September.. Whats with the shutdown on the site? Its not listed as out of stock but literally "Not available anymore"

I think they stopped selling the version with the 256gb ssd. The 512 one is still for sale though

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-6700hq-16gb-ddr4-512gb-pcie-m-lt-07a-gi.html

OcUK wont be receiving anymore of the 256GB SSD model (AERO 14-W-CF2), it just sold out.

The 512GB SSD model (AERO 14-W-CF1) is still available at OcUK:

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=6016#kf

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Plans for a 1070 one? With perhaps a standard 1080p screen option? 1440p is overkill at 14", and just taxes the graphics more than needed.

hi krooton,

At the moment we don't think there are plans to have 1070 in this chassis, 10 60 later in the year yes. We may also have a product with FHD screen res.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Caporegime
Thanks - we have chosen black for the UK market :) but during Computex found a lot of people really liked the coloured versions.

We will have 2 specs:

14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 970M 3GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs - RRP £1,499

14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 970M 3GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs - RRP £1,399

Both have 2 x M.2 bays and can therefore take additional SSD.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

How do the 970m handle the QHD screen?

Soldato
I am amazed by the build quality, it feels like solid metal and brilliantly constructed.. a pleasure to hold and looks amazing.

Speed is as good if not better than my i7 desktop... Everything is super sharp and snappy and game performance is great... 88 average fps on tomb raider set to ultra @ 1080p and 130fps on overwatch at high again @1080p.

battery is INSANE i used it all last night and all morning so far for web browsing, steam downloads and youtube... still got over 6 hours battery left at 61%

Track-pad is incredible... feels on par with a macbook to me and the keyboard is a joy to type on, very quiet and feels well spaced out without that stupid half size backspace button a lot of manufacturers put on ultrabooks now days.. it would be fantastic for note taking in school/university

Oh and those worried about the screen wobble... I have noticed zero noticable wobble that isn't on any other laptop.. It just isnt the issue people make it out to be. I even made a video to prove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVa8VahXWM&feature=youtu.be

I will post a full review once i've had a bit more time with it.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
I am amazed by the build quality, it feels like solid metal and brilliantly constructed.. a pleasure to hold and looks amazing.

Speed is as good if not better than my i7 desktop... Everything is super sharp and snappy and game performance is great... 88 average fps on tomb raider set to ultra @ 1080p and 130fps on overwatch at high again @1080p.

battery is INSANE i used it all last night and all morning so far for web browsing, steam downloads and youtube... still got over 6 hours battery left at 61%

Track-pad is incredible... feels on par with a macbook to me and the keyboard is a joy to type on, very quiet and feels well spaced out without that stupid half size backspace button a lot of manufacturers put on ultrabooks now days.. it would be fantastic for note taking in school/university

Oh and those worried about the screen wobble... I have noticed zero noticable wobble that isn't on any other laptop.. It just isnt the issue people make it out to be. I even made a video to prove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqVa8VahXWM&feature=youtu.be

I will post a full review once i've had a bit more time with it.

Hi terley,

Thanks for the first impressions thoughts so far :)

Glad the AERO14 has met your expectations,,,,,

Look forward to hearing more from you soon,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi,

is there any Chance that a refreshed Aero (hopefully with gtx1060 and tb3) will be available by end of October?
As far as I understand, only the next gen Aero will hit the German market...

Best regards
aerophil

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Hi,

is there any Chance that a refreshed Aero (hopefully with gtx1060 and tb3) will be available by end of October?
As far as I understand, only the next gen Aero will hit the German market...

Best regards
aerophil

Hi aerophil,

Sorry for missing this post. Yes there will be a new gen with GTX1060, (not sure on connection ports) we expect this to arrive over the next few weeks, not sure if by end of Oct.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Someone who has this laptop, can you please comment on or post a video on youtube for:

1. Noise levels on idle and noise levels under full load i.e. when gaming? Is it loud? What dB does it reach? It's hard to tell from the youtube video posted by terley...

2. Can the fans be controlled and do they spin up even when just browsing?

3. Is the image still ultra sharp if one plays a game in non-native res? i.e. in 1080 instead of 1440

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OP
Any news on the ETA/RRP on the pascal refresh model Atom?

Hi WILD9,

Product is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Spec is as follows:

(Black) 14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 1060 6GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs

(Orange) 14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 1060 6GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs

(Green) 14" QHD/ i7-6700HQ/ GTX 1060 6GB/ DDR4 8GB*2/ 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD/ Win10 Pro/ 2yrs

So for this wave of stock, we will try all three available colours and see what flavour UK customers enjoy !

Spec the same for all 3 colours, and price expected to be £1,699inc

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom