*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Sure is.

You can just ask in here if you need help with anything and there's still a fair few regulars about.

If you don't already own it though you'll want to get a version with Rise of Iron included as the core game will likely change a bit when that drops.

Caporegime
Just add me, I seem to be a bit of a gateway skank for many:

D-i-d-d-u-m-S

That way you can meet others too, as I usually get smashed and gatecrash everyone's parties anyway.

Soldato
Will be playing on Xbox, hhmm £50 (digital) for the complete collection, including rise of iron, I'm feeling impulsive and it is the bank holiday weekend....

Soldato
There's still a good deal of us Xbox users playing too, although we're not quite as vocal in this thread as we used to be. I imagine that will change somewhat once RoI drops though.

Add me to your friends list if you do get it, I'm always about with plenty of other folks happy to help out :)

Caporegime
Is it worth starting this game now ? Missed the boat when it was first released.

definitely. There will be more content than you know what to do with.

Make sure you buy Destiny the Collection as this includes Destiny, The Dark Below Expansion, The House of Wolves Expansion, The Taken King Expansion and the new Rise of Iron expansion due out 20th of September.

Caporegime
Meths I just saw and accepted your friend request dude :)

And this is a general message to all:

If you see me online and in a chat party, feel free to hop in whenever you want. We're not those weirdos who are too polite and stuff. As long as you can handle a bit of banter you'll be fine ;)

Associate
Meths I just saw and accepted your friend request dude :)

And this is a general message to all:

If you see me online and in a chat party, feel free to hop in whenever you want. We're not those weirdos who are too polite and stuff. As long as you can handle a bit of banter you'll be fine ;)

PS4 or Xbox one? And do you pvp?!

Caporegime
So looking at the various versions of ROI, which one should I get?? They have the dlc at 24.99 and then there's a version for 23.99 collectors edition.
I'm on Xbox so not sure which one to get, the 23.99 version says it comes with the iron gally and the iron sparrow.

Saying that I have the physical disc of destiny and all the dlc's.

But confused.

Associate
I just preordered the version from Game for PS4, as this also appears to come with a bonus keyring and postcard set. Not exactly anything to write home about, but still cool goodies for free.

Soldato
Sweet Jesus. I played the TitanFalls beta then got onto Destiny to help friends with trials. I swear I was 100% convinced destiny was lagging because it was slow. I restarted my PS4 did a disk fragment and everything and it was still the same. After a few hours it felt normal again but they seriously need to jump on that 60fps bandwagon. Similar thing happens after overwatch, I feel almost sick playing at 30FPS and I can't even aim properly because its so slow and I over adjust as its not were I expected it to be.

Brought ROI, interesting too see what they do. However I don't see myself getting Destiny 2 unless its 60FPS at the bare minimum, and most likely wont get it if it doesn't have servers as well cause P2P just sucks.

Last edited:

jpm

jpm

Associate
Sweet Jesus. I played the TitanFalls beta then got onto Destiny to help friends with trials. I swear I was 100% convinced destiny was lagging because it was slow. I restarted my PS4 did a disk fragment and everything and it was still the same. After a few hours it felt normal again but they seriously need to jump on that 60fps bandwagon. Similar thing happens after overwatch, I feel almost sick playing at 30FPS and I can't even aim properly because its so slow and I over adjust as its not were I expected it to be.

Brought ROI, interesting too see what they do. However I don't see myself getting Destiny 2 unless its 60FPS at the bare minimum, and most likely wont get it if it doesn't have servers as well cause P2P just sucks.

Same as mate, thing is because the 2 games that I've put loads of time in over the past few weeks (this and Dragon Age) which are 30fps I found Titanfall hard to play, was all over the place lol but got used to it went back to Destiny and it felt like it was stuttering.

Its a good looking game yeah but Doom is a better looking game (my opinion) and runs at 60fps so can't see why Destiny 2 can't.

Preordered RoI though and looking forward to that, Will be back around on it then. :)

Man of Honour
I would imagine the 30 FPS limit was done to accommodate last gen consoles. As Destiny 2 will be current gen only (I assume), they will have no excuses for not hitting 60 FPS (though tbh, I have no issues playing at 30).

Caporegime
I had to accept new terms and conditions when I logged on about a week ago saying that the last gen support is ending that that I could as a one time exception port my stuff over to PS4 if I wanted to. Hopefully this brings good things with it as I'm not too keen on having my games gimped by a decade old console.

Back
Top Bottom